The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich's Journal: Adventures with Life and Sharp things

Fine Italian Citrus
Gillette Slim (I2) Wizamet

Building on the relative success of the Williams shave I was shaking soap tins to find more loose pucks. I used this soap just prior to surgery and it was still loose in the tin, so…

This stuff is terrific as I had anticipated. Perhaps a tick less slick as Williams, but infinitely adequate for the task. Did not need to re-apply between passes. I experimented a bit with riding the cap and lightly buffing on the second pass. Fully used the right hand with minimal discomfort. Still not even contemplating bringing in a straight.

IMG_1208.jpegIMG_1207.jpeg

IMG_8772.jpegIMG_8771.jpegStirling Triumph
Blackland Vector

I kept trying. And today I was able to successfully whip up a lather for myself! Triumph is a tribute to Paco Rabanne Invictus and it is terrific. Small amounts of the soap and aftershave balm are still available. Rod’s soaps are exceptional and a good place to restart my lathering.
Heck! I even tried a couple of passes with Batman. Not enough mobility yet to do straights safely yet. But I’ll keep testing.
Two passes to a pretty good shave.

DR Harris
CBL Barba
Blackland Vector

Face lathered this (triple milled?) soap for a very acceptable lather. Spouse unit found this to be quite to her liking off the puck. I didn’t get the aftershave splash yet. Where the fragrance is quite subtle to my nose (sniff) I detect leather, pepper and some citrus. I selected Barba as pretty close. There are probably better matches.

A full 4 pass shave to a solid BBS.

At three weeks I started doing lots of deep tissue massage and stretching over the weekend. Probably to my detriment. Quite sore today. Still was able to move the bad finger better than previously able. Too hot to cut grass today anyway and waiting for a call from the Doctor. Gonna celebrate unity with my chair today and ice myself down. Puzzling through Spiders first couple of bingo calls should occupy me before naptime.

IMG_8800.jpeg

Back