The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich's Journal: Adventures with Life and Sharp things

Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Feather AC SS Kai ProGuard

A fairly uncommon Sunday Shave. Next week is forecast to be unseasonably hot, so starting out with a pretty good shave today and saving on the ol’ money maker. Arrived home yesterday with absolutely no incidents and found the local produce stand has just gotten their first sweet corn of the season! I am tickled silly about that. Had pork chops and corn for our welcome home dinner. I stepped on th3 scales an$ found I only gained 6 pounds on our 4 day vacation.

The Feather is a wonderful consistent open blade razor and the two pass shave was predictably DFS. Followed up with Pinaud Citrus Musk. (Another seldom visited frag. It needs more love!)

image.jpg

Fine Italian Citrus
Henson AL-13 Wizamet

It turns out Italian Cutris is based on Acqua di Parma Colonia. That explains why it smells so familiar. This is the old formula soap and aftershave. Presumably both made in Germany. When I get low, I presume they will still have the Italian production soap, which is quite excellent. Heck! I just may get some to be sure I dont run out it smells so good. At least to compare the aftershave to the original.

Cold water face lather shave making an effortless BBS. Lathered using the “Spider Technique”. Used the puck much like a Speick stick and face lathered from there.

Too danged hot to cut grass. It’s also kinda hard on the grass in this heat. I’m giving it a pass until Monday when this hot spell is suppose to break. Besides, when it’s this hot, it’s hard to get motivated. So my plan is to sit on my behind and watch cowboy shows in the A/C.

IMG_8584.jpeg

Last edited:
Back