The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich's Journal: Adventures with Life and Sharp things

Hombre’s Two
Vector Clone

Any CBL Soap has all a feller needs to get a terrific shave! The clone provided all it needed to in order to prove sometimes clones are pretty good.
I renamed my YouTube channel yesterday to make it a bit more relevant to my content and maybe drive some better search traffic.
Besides, Shave Better Quicker sounds pretty ok.

Seaforth Heather
SSA 5/8 hollow
SV Cadre Brush

I do love me some Swedish steel! Even with a bit of a taper this old SSA is a great implement!
Seaforth is a terrific soap with a wonderful fragrance. This should be a staple soap. I don’t see myself getting tired of this one.

Continuing preparation for our upcoming vacation. We will be renting a Tesla to try. We’ve long been intrigued by them despite their not being practical for our situation. Still look forward to experiencing what they are like.

IMG_8492.jpeg

Shannon’s soaps “Another Saturday Afternoon in Columbus”
Gillette Ball End Tech
Wizamet

Yup. On this Saturday in Columbus, we are hosting the Memorial Golf Tournament. A PGA event. Usually it rains, but not this year.
It’s a pretty good soap I got from the Ohio Shavers meetup last summer. Usually an able latherer, but not today. I was obviously holding my mouth wrong. The soup was plenty slick and I got three passes to BBS.

The Spouse unit is officially on vacation and we are super-stoked to escape to somewhere, anywhere! I will be sure to take plenty of food pictures and have at least one shave video from there.IMG_8505.jpegIMG_8504.jpeg

RazoRock Caribbean Holiday
Erik Anton Berg 5/8 Shoulderless

Stropped Erik 50 on Chrome tanned then 50 on veg tanned. Scary sharp! Chrome seems to awaken the beast with this razor. It’s almost a bit harsh. Touched my cheek a bit and tried to find a way to blame it on the razor. 😂
Leaving early tomorrow for vacation and continue to be super stoked for escape. I smell like a giant Pina Colada.

IMG_8512.jpegIMG_8513.jpeg

RazoRock Caribbean Holiday
Erik Anton Berg 5/8 Shoulderless

Stropped Erik 50 on Chrome tanned then 50 on veg tanned. Scary sharp! Chrome seems to awaken the beast with this razor. It’s almost a bit harsh. Touched my cheek a bit and tried to find a way to blame it on the razor. 😂
Leaving early tomorrow for vacation and continue to be super stoked for escape. I smell like a giant Pina Colada.

View attachment 132397View attachment 132398
Hope you have a great trip! :)

Timeless Etheria
Schick Cartridge

I stupidly failed to plan and send a blade to my hotel, so did my shave with a 5 headed Schick Cartridge. TBH not a bad shave. But if I’m using a Schick, I’d just as soon have an injector. It was fun shooting this shave from the balcony of my hotel befor what promises to be a fun adventure day. But hot.

IMG_8521.jpeg

Timeless Etheria
Schick Cartridge

Alas! All adventures must eventually come to an end. Our first trip to Myrtle Beach was a resounding success. Two great shaves despite using a Cartridge; some excellent footage of sunrises, Ferris wheels, and stuff; and getting to know how to operate a Tesla. More controls than the Enterprise! Dang it’s quick!

Got a predictably, if un-fun, shave and drove to Georgetown to the south. It was a great way to close things down. Aside from the heat, humidity, crowding, the crazy drivers, and the cost of everything, I can imagine this being a great place to live.

Oh! And Chad appears to have been here! 😁 We’ll talk about that later.

Ps. Had a wonderful face time with NurseDave trying to figure out why the Tesla is getting terrible gas mileage

IMG_8556.jpegIMG_1155.jpegP

Actually, electric cars measure your power usage in kWh/mile. So the lower the better. His use seemed a bit high for the driving he was doing, but without being there it’s hard to know why.

Back