The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich Tries to post a video.

Rich you are just a kind soul and great conversationalist of local interests!

Your videos are fine as is. Anything else is extra icing on the cake. ?

Loking much more comfortable with the Kami. What a difference a few shaves makes!

The shaving gods of the Land of the Rising Sun will not be satisfied until they have and earlobe, a separated nostril, ...... or at least a minor fishgill.

Shave faster and whip that Azuma around like there's no tomorrow!
1f60b.png

Nice video Rich. Loving the Kamisori
The shaving gods of the Land of the Rising Sun will not be satisfied until they have and earlobe, a separated nostril, ...... or at least a minor fishgill.

Shave faster and whip that Azuma around like there's no tomorrow!
1f60b.png

Its going to take a couple more shaves before I feel more confident with this one. I nearly grilled myself a couple times in this shave.

Good shave Rich! Love the Harry Potter book series and the movies aren’t half bad too! The missus loves to binge watch them a couple times a year.

Good stuff Rich. I passed my nice Norelco on to my Step Dad too and am 1 of 1st 20 getting the new Captains Choice Bowls that are being hand made from copper. It will be a nice addition to the ceramic one I got used. Nice samples he sent along with that and I like the colors of yours.

Good stuff here! Like Chris above we really enjoy the Harry Potter series also.

Posted this video clear out of the comfort zone. Using 'Winders' platform and only the tools Youtube provides.

https://youtu.be/G6KUx4ic-J4

Rich, how did that shave feel to you? It looked to me like the blade kept stalling on the whiskers and that’s exactly what happens when I tried my straight. Is that just the way it is with some blades?

It was stalling a lot. I was fortunate to not experiencing hull plate damage. This razor does that to me a lot.

It was stalling a lot. I was fortunate to not experiencing hull plate damage. This razor does that to me a lot.
So would you say when that happens it tends to be an issue with the blade and not technique?

Probably in this case a bit of both. The blade has a history with me, and I am shaving essentially holding onto it with my index finger and thumb. Middle finger is right whack. I shouldn’t be open blading, but it’s my first love. Getting as many in as I can before surgery.

Back