The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich Tries to post a video.

Great job for your first video Rich!

Glad a safety cat made it in today!

Did he say menthol and everclear??

Thanks Rich! Good to meet you and one of the safety cats.

Did he say menthol and everclear??

Thanks Rich! Good to meet you and one of the safety cats.

yep! My first try at a wicked strong menthol was rubbing alcohol and menthol, but the result was too medicinal. This one is everclear and menthol with a little glycerine. Kept putting crystals til they stopped dissolving. It’s mellowed a bit with time.

Great Video Rich! Don't worry about all that fancy shmancy stuff you like to call it. A really nice video just over 10 minutes! And a great shave at that.

Thanks for the shout out again!

yep! My first try at a wicked strong menthol was rubbing alcohol and menthol, but the result was too medicinal. This one is everclear and menthol with a little glycerine. Kept putting crystals til they stopped dissolving. It’s mellowed a bit with time.

WOW! Is that why safety cat was sprawled out in the sink? Tasting the juice!

Rich, great video! Great to get to know you a little better!

I see in my intro picture I am pretty consistent with my starting technique. LOL

Thanks Rich for the shout out on my side by side pic on Facebook. Weightloss needs to be lifestyle change not a quick fix.

Once I achieve full Ketosis I'm trying to stay around 20 carbs a day, but will up it to 50 when I get to my target weight. Adding Rice back will be wonderful!

Once I achieve full Ketosis I'm trying to stay around 20 carbs a day, but will up it to 50 when I get to my target weight. Adding Rice back will be wonderful!

I am not following the Keto diet but I do admit that when done right it can be very beneficial. I do fear that if I did it how hard it would be to maintain because of things like rice, pizza, burgers, etc. That is why I am on WeightWatchers it is more sustainable.

I hope you didn't break the iPad Rich. And shame on Safety Cat for being a scaredy cat! I hope you find some good sweet corn at the fair. Man do I love some good corn on the cob. But make sure you get back on things tomorrow. You are doing great!

Thanks for the video Rich. What did you do to fix the sound?

Nevermind, you just answered that question. I’ll have to see if I can find that adjustment.

Back