The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich Tries to post a video.

Looked like a fairly good shave with the Sheffield to me! Way to go Rich!

Great Video Rich. I don't know much about Kamisoris. Since they are only honed on one side, are they meant to be only used by a barber, who wouldn't necessarily need to change his grip for the other side of the face?

Kudos for soldiering through some of those mega awkward strokes, lol!

Good shave Rich! Hope your week is off to a good start too!

I always thought I wanted a Kamisori because I think they're cool............now, not so much. Great job on it Rich !!

They were definitely designed for a third party to be doing the shaving. I’ll experiment a bit more and then you can have a go if you like.

Nice shave Rich. Really enjoyed the talk on the Kami.

Wow, that looked like quite the struggle and effort sir! This could be the solution to KJ being bored with the Techmatic.

Wow, that looked like quite the struggle and effort sir! This could be the solution to KJ being bored with the Techmatic.
What, holding my techmatic with the left hand backwards on the right side of my face?

No, using that one sided death blade

Oh, I thought you just meant changing my technique for variety.
1f602.png
That think looks like..... well, I don't know,
1f644.png
but I think you're onto something by calling it a death blade.
1f608.png
I think Rich is crazy,
1f61c.png
trying to hold it like he did
1f631.png
(and extremely lucky!).
1f601.png
LOL

Oh, I thought you just meant changing my technique for variety.
1f602.png
That think looks like..... well, I don't know,
1f644.png
but I think you're onto something by calling it a death blade.
1f608.png
I think Rich is crazy,
1f61c.png
trying to hold it like he did
1f631.png
(and extremely lucky!).
1f601.png
LOL

That left handed backward hold was super sketchy! I think I'd rather invert the blade next time.

Surprisingly! Note the barber using both sides of the blade. FREE AT LAST!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/mVodtovNVds" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen

Back