The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Rich Tries to post a video.

SWMBO is pretty tolerant of my Veg attacks. I tell her I feel like being a cowboy, and this was probably on a lot of shelves back then. May be She’s “a chosen one”? Lol

Great video Rich. That Kami is awesome! Looks fun.

And finishing with The VEG.... divine!

SWMBO is pretty tolerant of my Veg attacks. I tell her I feel like being a cowboy, and this was probably on a lot of shelves back then. May be She’s “a chosen one”? Lol

Oh man...I wish there was a GIF for this!

Looks like got a great edge on that. Unless it’s honed asymmetrically, I don’t see why you would need to shave with one side out all the time. That obviously limits the angles you can use.

Great video Rich...I've never shaved with an asymmetrical kami, so I have no basis or knowledge about it! Wish I could have been more help. But if it was honed on both sides, it should be good to shave with either way.

This one is Way Way asymmetrical. On the first outing I didn’t have enough feel for it to try it upside down. I think it would work though.

Nice shave Rich. You make those upward strokes look easy!

And I didn’t realize I was known for loading any certain way, lol.

Great shave Rich; beautiful SR!

Loving the conversational tone of your videos!

Rich watched your last two videos and really enjoyed them. Keep it up!

Great shave Rich! Sounded nice, like you were shaving ice.

The sweet corn festival sounds like a blast! Can’t go wrong with a festival devoted to good food!

Good ole Shaving with Rich. I didn't have an issue with your sound before. So don't strangle yourself with that thing. But it sure does pick-up the shaving sounds! Sounds like two pieces of sandpaper rubbing on each other.

I say you go back in your Daisy Dukes and you win that contest this year!

Each ear of corn is around 20g of carbs...... but sometimes, you just gotta splurge. Falling off the wagon in keto is really no big deal every once in a while, and you don't have to do anything special afterwards, except get back up and do what you were doing before. I've splurged a couple times, and ate (or drank) some things I shouldn't have, and was actually surprised that I didn't get kicked out of ketosis.

Have Fun!

Great videos Rich. I will comment on how I approach the RH Kamisori. My initial pass that I typically call WTG is pretty much a North to south with a western straight, which I do ambidextrously (left side, left hand, right side, right hand. So when I do my normal N-to-S pass on the right, it is the same as using a western straight except for the asymmetry of the blade.

What gave me problems was the left side of the face. What I have opted to do there is go ear to nose in sort of an XTG manner above the jawline, and below and on the neck, I simply do a S- to - N or essentially an ATG pass. When I switch to ATG (I will usually only incorporate an XTG pass for part of the shave in the third ATG pass due to whisker growth) shaving the left side of the face is exactly as I perform with a western straight using my right hand. Here again, when I shave the right side of my face is where I have problems. I will do a south to north as much as I can on the neck, and the grip is changed such that the toe is facing the nose. What I find is that after three passes essentially repeating the second pass, I almost always end up BBS. It is clearly a different beast to shave with.

Back