The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up, the STEM projects looked awesome with that Old Spice looking ship in a bottle! Someone opened up a credit card in my parents name a few years ago which was NOT caught immediately and it was a nightmare to settle everything. Thankfully no one tried to explain the internet to me though!

Catching up, the STEM projects looked awesome with that Old Spice looking ship in a bottle! Someone opened up a credit card in my parents name a few years ago which was NOT caught immediately and it was a nightmare to settle everything. Thankfully no one tried to explain the internet to me though!
with your busy holiday and week - have you had a chance to catch any baseball?

SOTD: 04/22/2022

1650629855142.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 3rd use
Brush: TonmiKo Curly Birch Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Cremo Cooling Soap
Soap: Dr. Jon’s Shaving Soap Co Hydra Puck
Aftershave: Dr. Jon’s Shaving Soap Co Hydra Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Guerlain L’Homme Ideal Cologne EdT

Citrus Bonanza this morning! I think Hydra hits the big 5 and then throws in one more: grapefruit, lime, lemon, bergamot, orange, and Mandarin orange. Very bright and uplifting shave and has just the right amount of menthol to wake you up in the morning.

1650630074477.gif

Hopefully today will be a great start to the weekend! Have a fantastic day!

What a nice citrus shave to round out the work week! I've been really enjoying Boss Reversed and its grapefruit vetiver combo this week, Ideal Cologne has always appealed to me but like most of the L'Homme line hard to come by!

with your busy holiday and week - have you had a chance to catch any baseball?
White Sox are on a bad slide right now, haven't seen any of the games in Cleveland but man oh man did they NOT show up to play this week. Sigh.

What a nice citrus shave to round out the work week! I've been really enjoying Boss Reversed and its grapefruit vetiver combo this week, Ideal Cologne has always appealed to me but like most of the L'Homme line hard to come by!

White Sox are on a bad slide right now, haven't seen any of the games in Cleveland but man oh man did they NOT show up to play this week. Sigh.

I love the Hugo Boss Boss line! I have a couple of them and enjoy them. For Ideal - I had to track it down on eBay to get it.

Bummer - my Phils are 3 games below .500 - they bought all these sluggers during free agency - but they can seem to hit all at the same time - plus the Phils didn’t address their pitching issues - so hopefully the hitters will get their act together - because it seems the only way to win is to score about 8-10 runs per game and hope the defense holds up 😂

SOTD: 04/23/2022

1650709887957.gif

Razor: C.V. Heljestrand Eskilstuna
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Bowl: Spearhead Shaving Seaforth! Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Margaritas In The Artic Puck
Aftershave: Pinnacle Grooming Lime Cooler Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Demeter Frozen Margarita Cologne

Nothing says “Wake Up!” Like a hit of menthol in the morning! So I could I not use the new Seaforth mug - especially because it is filled with Margaritas in the Artic? Maybe I’ll start a new trend - Morning Margaritas!

I think today we’ll dig up the old flower bed to get ready to plant next week.

Have a great day!

SOTD: 04/24/2022

1650813502468.gif

Razor: Supply Co SE
Blade: Supply Co Single Edge Injector (Black), 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Green Ray
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Creations By Will Citrus Tide Puck
Aftershave: Historic Brands Italian Soda Aftershave
Additional Care: 4711 Acqua Colonia Lemon & Ginger EdC

Fun shave today - even though while the scents all compliment each other - the memories they elicit are definitely different.

I bought this soap (and one other) from Creations by Will solely due to the fact that they bring back memories of being in my favorite US city - San Diego. The company no longer uses plastic tubs - all soaps whether it be 2 oz (pictured here) or the 4 oz are wrapped in paper. This soap is a limon (patent pending - or did 7 Up have use that in their commercials - either way- I claim it). The original cover when they had plastic tubs -was a lemon surfing. I loved surfing in San Diego - La Jolla was my favorite spot, but also put sex and bubble wax on my board in Pacific and Missions beaches as well (I know for the Surfers out there - Pick one board wax - I picked the one that was being sold at the surf shop closest to the beach 😂) - Coronado was saved strictly for post surfing activities.

The soap itself is s very nice scent - but very much on the lighter side. It is a vegan soap that lathers really easily and provides decent performance. If this company wasn’t from San Diego - knowing what I know now - would I get the soap - unsure, but leaning towards not - the appeal to me is San Diego - and while the soap is a fine performer and I do like that the company lives by the creeds the pronounce - the scent is really too light for me - and scent is the first thing I consider for purchasing.

Now onto the AS - this is actually an anomaly in that just by the title - you would think it would have a younger appeal - and it is definitely not that. It magically brings on memories of its name while at the same time presenting itself with a mature aspect - there are hints of tobacco in here - and the AS itself was aged in whiskey barrels.

Now for those of you that have experienced both the beach and city life - you know that 90 degrees at La Jolla is not the same as 90 degrees in South Philly 😂 This scent brings about memories of walking down the Italian Market and getting an Italian ice from a street vendor that scrapes your helping off a big block of ice then douses it with a nice lemony syrup that just hits the spot. It would be the perfect dessert after enjoying a Provolone Wit from Pat’s King of Steaks (if you went across the street to Gino’s - you’re a monster).

Finally the cologne is relatively new for 4711 - and it is just a neat, simple scent. Reminds me of ginger ale - which is my favorite bubbly beverage.

So @woodpusher - you’d be proud of Aidan - our STEAM project was to build an indoor plant irrigation system - we are growing wheatgrass, beans, and watermelon….

1650814601585.jpeg

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Last edited:
SOTD: 04/24/2022

View attachment 81175

Razor: Supply Co SE
Blade: Supply Co Single Edge Injector (Black), 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Green Ray
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Creations By Will Citrus Tide Puck
Aftershave: Historic Brands Italian Soda Aftershave
Additional Care: 4711 Acqua Colonia Lemon & Ginger EdC

Fun shave today - even though while the scents all compliment each other - the memories they elicit are definitely different.

I bought this soap (and one other) from Creations by Will solely due to the fact that they bring back memories of being in my favorite US city - San Diego. The company no longer uses plastic tubs - all soaps whether it be 2 oz (pictured here) or the 4 oz are wrapped in paper. This soap is a limon (patent pending - or did 7 Up have use that in their commercials - either way- I claim it). The original cover when they had plastic tubs -was a lemon surfing. I loved surfing in San Diego - La Jolla was my favorite spot, but also put sex and bubble wax on my board in Pacific and Missions beaches as well (I know for the Surfers out there - Pick one board wax - I picked the one that was being sold at the surf shop closest to the beach 😂) - Coronado was saved strictly for post surfing activities.

The soap itself is s very nice scent - but very much on the lighter side. It is a vegan soap that lathers really easily and provides decent performance. If this company wasn’t from San Diego - knowing what I know now - would I get the soap - unsure, but leaning towards not - the appeal to me is San Diego - and while the soap is a fine performer and I do like that the company lives by the creeds the pronounce - the scent is really too light for me - and scent is the first thing I consider for purchasing.

Now onto the AS - this is actually an anomaly in that just by the title - you would think it would have a younger appeal - and it is definitely not that. It magically brings on memories of its name while at the same time presenting itself with a mature aspect - there are hints of tobacco in here - and the AS itself was aged in whiskey barrels.

Now for those of you that have experienced both the beach and city life - you know that 90 degrees at La Jolla is not the same as 90 degrees in South Philly 😂 This scent brings about memories of walking down the Italian Market and getting an Italian ice from a street vendor that scrapes your helping off a big block of ice then douses it with a nice lemony syrup that just hits the spot. It would be the perfect dessert after enjoying a Provolone Wit from Pat’s King of Steaks (if you went across the street to Gino’s - you’re a monster).

Finally the cologne is relatively new for 4711 - and it is just a neat, simple scent. Reminds me of ginger ale - which is my favorite bubbly beverage.

So @woodpusher - you’d be proud of Aidan - our STEAM project was to build an indoor plant irrigation system - we are growing wheatgrass, beans, and watermelon….

View attachment 81178

Have a fantastic day everyone!
You should try 90 degrees here in Satan’s sweaty neck fat roll! o_O

Awesome project with Aidan!!

Super fun explanation of your shave set today! San Diego is another great beach town for sure…love their zoo!

Way to go Aidan! Work that green thumb!
Thank you my brother - I love their zoo as well - not sure what type of scent/fragrance you’d put towards it though 😂

You should try 90 degrees here in Satan’s sweaty neck fat roll! o_O
Yeah - the South has a very different take on heat - at least in La Jolla - you’d get the nice breeze off the ocean - and in Philly - you get the afore mentioned icy snack…….but 90’s degrees in the South brings a whole other definition heat - adding the steam room 😂 At least your clothes are never wrinkled lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back