The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 04/20/2022

1650479666167.jpeg

Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Platinum, 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool Puck
Aftershave: Williams Aqua Velva Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Hugo Boss Hugo Man EdT

Today would have been my father’s 83rd birthday - he was an Aqua Velva Man through and through. Some of my best memories were shaving with him and getting that alcohol sting (from the AS - not because we’d do shots between passes 😂). He didn’t wear cologne often - but when he did - it was English Leather - but I wanted to enjoy this shave 😂- so I picked something out that I wore when I first started shaving for realsies. I don’t remember if he even smelled this - but I’ll pretend he would have approved.

My mom got a kick when I called her to remind her that Dad is famous because his birthday is national pot day - he would have thought that was funny as well. Progress.

Have a most wonderful 4/20 - no matter how you celebrate it - and if you have time - take a whiff of Aqua Velva while you’re at it!

Great memorial shave today Brian! Sounds like dad was a solid guy 😎👍
He was - and had the patience of a Saint- he put up with me through my teenage years - which to day they least - were challenging to any authority figure 😂

While he was a tough former Marine - and my brother and I experienced that side - he had a softer side as well and there was no doubt we were loved.

Then he became a grandfather - and I can say there was no equal - but I always wondered - where was this sensitive ponytail man when we were growing up 😂

SOTD: 04/21/2022

1650551450923.jpeg

Razor: Rocnel Sailor (Master Collection)
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Green Handle
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: Ethos Grooming Essentials Fresh Lime Croap
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Lime Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Guerlain Homme EdP

Well I can’t be there in Vegas - but I can be there in spirit. Really cool announcement last night - so I tried to incorporate the logo into my shave today. And what doesn’t say warmer weather come on down like straight up lime. Guerlain Homme has a great lime top note and a boozy mojito vibe in it as well. And of course, my beloved Rocnel Sailor is in the mix.

I hope the guys (and gals) in Vegas have the best of times and will be looking forward to their posts - @Fenster already put up a great pic of part of the strip.

Have a most fantastic day my friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back