The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read "not a good fit for the team" as simply that, not a good fit for the team. I've been the person on both sides of that equation over the years. A good company/boss will try like crazy to keep you with the company to preserve their investment and institutional knowledge. Kudos to you, Brian.
Thank you sir. I told them I see they have mad skills - it’s just unfortunate that those skills can’t be applied to what we do. I have to say - they were done a disservice when the recruiter did not have a technical interviewer when they were hired - the recruiter basically read the resume but didn‘t ask what tools they used and that would have brought the matter right front and center. I appreciated that they bent over backwards for our team to fill in some gaps for documentation - but they are worried that their tech skills will diminish. Good news is that I just got off the phone with another director and we have found a “bridge” landing spot for them and a more permanent solution.

Thank you sir. I tell you - I think too many times there are folks that look at the bottom line - but don’t realize that bottom line also includes the time invested to train and bring someone on board - plus most importantly, there is a live person, not a number, that has real needs to put food on the table and roof over the heads of their family. I am fortunate that I work for a large corporation so there are relationships and contracts I have the ability to leverage. Plus as much as they get a bad rap, my HR team and I are in sync with not hiring just for a position - but hire for the company long term. I am glad it will be a happy transition.

Thank you sir. I tell you - I think too many times there are folks that look at the bottom line - but don’t realize that bottom line also includes the time invested to train and bring someone on board - plus most importantly, there is a live person, not a number, that has real needs to put food on the table and roof over the heads of their family. I am fortunate that I work for a large corporation so there are relationships and contracts I have the ability to leverage. Plus as much as they get a bad rap, my HR team and I are in sync with not hiring just for a position - but hire for the company long term. I am glad it will be a happy transition.
You folks obviously got it right ultimately. That person belongs on the ball club, just not at third base. 👍🏼

Can I say - I know this is first world problems - that in this day and age with encryption and sandboxing - the fact that I have to have two computers with docking stations to separate corporate from client work - seems to me both inefficient cost wise and productivity wise - I can’t tell you how many calls I miss because I am on the other machine and the other one times out ERRRRRGH!

1649878719006.gif

SOTD: 04/14/2022

1649950255361.jpeg

Razor: Gillette President
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 4th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Green Ray
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Central Texas Soaps Hill Country Dew Puck
Aftershave: Central Texas Soaps Hill Country Dew Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Homme EdC

It’s getting a little warm here - and with warmth comes the humidity - so wanted to go light and fun today with an homage to Mountain Dew - with just a tinge of cool provided by the synth menthol. Finished up with Dior Homme Cologne which gives that manly Lemonade vibe.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back