The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 04/12/2022

1649761077923.jpeg

Razor: PAL Adjustable
Blade: Supply Co Single Edge Injector (Black), 5th use
Brush: Boti Brush Purple & Green Stable Wood
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann 42 Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann 42 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Barrister & Mann 42 EdP

This is IMO, one of the best tea forward scents out there - and one of my favorites. Just an all around fantastic job by B&M. First time with the PAL and I’m am glad to have this in my collection. I am glad I didn’t do what I had planned - which was to use this first as a noggin shaver - I definitely needed time to get used to the nuances of this razor - but overall a great experience.

Today Aidan has music therapy and hopefully we’ll have a sunny and warm day!

Have a wonderful day my friends!

Great looking PAL! Hopefully yours is one of the properly adjusted ones? I know there’s some out there that have major issues.

Great looking PAL! Hopefully yours is one of the properly adjusted ones? I know there’s some out there that have major issues.
It seems to be doing ok - this being my first time I don’t know how it is supposed to feel other than a few videos I’ve seen on YT. It’s new old stock - so give me a week before I break it 😂

SOTD: 04/12/2022

View attachment 80152

Razor: PAL Adjustable
Blade: Supply Co Single Edge Injector (Black), 5th use
Brush: Boti Brush Purple & Green Stable Wood
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann 42 Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann 42 Aftershave
Additional Care: Barrister & Mann 42 EdP

This is IMO, one of the best tea forward scents out there - and one of my favorites. Just an all around fantastic job by B&M. First time with the PAL and I’m am glad to have this in my collection. I am glad I didn’t do what I had planned - which was to use this first as a noggin shaver - I definitely needed time to get used to the nuances of this razor - but overall a great experience.

Today Aidan has music therapy and hopefully we’ll have a sunny and warm day!

Have a wonderful day my friends!
The PAL does take a little time to dial in and the angle is a bit different. Super cool razor in every way shape and form!

Another Barrister and Mann that I simply must pick up someday. I’m a massive Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy fan, was never quite sure if I’d be down with this scent though. I do love got tea, so maybe I’ll snag it at some point!

Lovely brush too!

The PAL does take a little time to dial in and the angle is a bit different. Super cool razor in every way shape and form!

Another Barrister and Mann that I simply must pick up someday. I’m a massive Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy fan, was never quite sure if I’d be down with this scent though. I do love got tea, so maybe I’ll snag it at some point!

Lovely brush too!
It has a nice citrus at the top and blended in with floral - very unique combo….

SOTD: 04/13/2022

1649875986770.jpeg

Razor: Vikings Blade Emperor Meiji
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: Razor Emporium Amber & Black Best Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Soap: Cremo Reserve Blend Cream
Aftershave: Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods Aftershave
Additional Care: Duke Cannon Supply Co Oak Barrel

No - I am not driving anywhere today 😂 There is something about the scent of whiskey. I don’t know what appeals to me about boozy scents - prior to COVID - I would have the occasional beer (and who wants to smell like hops lol?), and the only whisk(e)y (or any spirit) I would drink would be a 15 year Red Breast on my birthday, St Pats (because Gertz is Irish no matter what my family says), and Christmas Eve. On St Pats I would splurge and have some Carolyn’s Irish Cream in my coffee. But to me, other than citrus, that boozy scent - done well, is just appealing.

Did a noggin shave and hopefully will post a recommendation video on what to consider when doing head shaves (not that my opinion matters).

Excited for Aidan tomorrow - he gets to go to the zoo and feed the animals - one of his favs - on a school field trip. Today I had a bizarre conversation with an employee where we both agreed (without any conflict) - that their skill sets were not a good fit for the team. Usually those conversations go a different direction, but they know I am working on finding them a position in the company to help their career. TBH - I don‘t know how the mixup happened in the beginning. But, I have set up meetings this afternoon with other execs to get this person placed so we can have a happy ending to all this mess.

I am in the mood for a Reuben for some reason. As long as it is an Irish (like me) Reuben.

Have a great day everyone!

SOTD: 04/13/2022

View attachment 80311

Razor: Vikings Blade Emperor Meiji
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: Razor Emporium Amber & Black Best Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Soap: Cremo Reserve Blend Cream
Aftershave: Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods Aftershave
Additional Care: Duke Cannon Supply Co Oak Barrel

No - I am not driving anywhere today 😂 There is something about the scent of whiskey. I don’t know what appeals to me about boozy scents - prior to COVID - I would have the occasional beer (and who wants to smell like hops lol?), and the only whisk(e)y (or any spirit) I would drink would be a 15 year Red Breast on my birthday, St Pats (because Gertz is Irish no matter what my family says), and Christmas Eve. On St Pats I would splurge and have some Carolyn’s Irish Cream in my coffee. But to me, other than citrus, that boozy scent - done well, is just appealing.

Did a noggin shave and hopefully will post a recommendation video on what to consider when doing head shaves (not that my opinion matters).

Excited for Aidan tomorrow - he gets to go to the zoo and feed the animals - one of his favs - on a school field trip. Today I had a bizarre conversation with an employee where we both agreed (without any conflict) - that their skill sets were not a good fit for the team. Usually those conversations go a different direction, but they know I am working on finding them a position in the company to help their career. TBH - I don‘t know how the mixup happened in the beginning. But, I have set up meetings this afternoon with other execs to get this person placed so we can have a happy ending to all this mess.

I am in the mood for a Reuben for some reason. As long as it is an Irish (like me) Reuben.

Have a great day everyone!
I would be more concerned with the goalie who let that puck slip past.

I read "not a good fit for the team" as simply that, not a good fit for the team. I've been the person on both sides of that equation over the years. A good company/boss will try like crazy to keep you with the company to preserve their investment and institutional knowledge. Kudos to you, Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back