The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 04/08/2022

View attachment 79820

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 1st use
Brush: Razor Emporium Amber & Black Best Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Ethos Grooming Mandarin & Orange Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Tangerine Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Jil Sander Sun Men EdT

Like a fresh orange juice shave! Did a noggin shave to use the new Ethos Mandarin & Orange body shaving soap - it was a fantastic experience. This may shock you, but I have a few citrus aftershaves that could pair with this soap - but I think Stirling complements it so well! Jil Sander Sun is a fantastic orange forward men’s cologne - just right for this type of weather.

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!
So is the "body" soap essentially the same stiff in the jar? :unsure:

So is the "body" soap essentially the same stiff in the jar? :unsure:
It is a hard puck, similar but harder than the F base. Puck fits perfectly in an apothecary mug. It’s really easy to lather up! And of course being citrus - it is phenomenal 😂!

1649429265198.jpeg 1649429304179.jpeg

Even knowing this will bring a response from @NurseDave 😂- on a hardness factor - slight less than a Good Fellas Smile puck

SOTD: 04/09/2022

1649545463883.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Folding, Walnut)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 2nd use
Brush: TG Shave Co Honey & Cream
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Ethos Grooming Mandarin & Orange Puck
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Essentials Lime, Tangerine, & Spearmint Aftershave
Additional Care: Tommy Bahama For Him EdC

What can I say? I love me some citrus. Perfect way to end the day - new Ethos shaving cream and some bespoke Ethos AS - a special mix of citrus and mint. Tommy Bahama is just a fun all around scent - not a lot to say for longevity - but still I love when the warmer weather comes because it is a fun scent.

Second lawn mow of the year already - had to get the weed whacker in a little because it rained so much this week that the grass was like a jungle. Aidan and I are going to do an evening at Urban Air to be different.

I hope everyone has a great evening!

SOTD: 04/10/2022

1649603118268.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (Green), 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Goblin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Fern Puck
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT

Spring is in full bloom here (at least until it snows at the end of the month just because Mother Nature loves to mess with our heads). So I thought I’d do Shrubbery Sunday……….ok, that was the best I could do - there aren’t any synonyms for Fougère and as you can see, bad ones for ferns. C’est la vie!

1649603093877.gif

So @GearNoir should be pleased I brought out the Moos! And then followed it up with old man juice in the Paco Rabanne Pour Homme - just to make it my own.

It looks to be a start of a brilliant day. Plans - definitely go to the big park after a walk along the Riverwalk, possibly some ice cream along the way, then I plan to do a cooking venture with Aidan as our STEAM effort.

Have a fabulous Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back