The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 04/01/2022

1648818146229.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM, 5th use
Brush: Rajon Cajon Tye Dye Acrylic
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Lakewood Soap Co Sweet Orange Chili Puck
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Thomas Tew Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Dua Fragrances The Live Blues

Orange shave this morning (except for the cologne - which has grapefruit and lemon notes) - so started out the day sunshiny and bright ☀️. The Blackland Sabre is so intuitive to find the right angle; whizzed through the shave in no time.

Opening Day is right around the corner - so looking forward to that. Have a great Friday and start to your weekend!

Nice shave!! 🍊Love the brush! I have a couple RajonCajon brushes myself.
Thanks my friend! Very good quality on the brush! I love the colors on this one. It is so funny - because I had been looking for quite some time for an orange handled brush, but it seems the one color that isn’t really represented. I bought a Boti brush last year - but it turned out a little different than the pics - and leans more red.

SOTD: 04/02/2022
1648904925253.jpeg

Razor: Ikon Shave Craft B1 Slant - Windrose A2 Hybrid
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 3rd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: CBL Soap Orion Hamman Spa Croap
Aftershave: Clubman Reserve Gent’s Gin Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: LaCoste L.12.12 Blanc Eau Fraîche EdT

Light and airy shave today - CBL Orion is très fantastique! The Lacoste is a new release (which is unusual for me, I usually wait a while to purchase because reviewers tend to give high marks on all things new - but in this case the notes were appealing and I had a coupon code 😂)

1648905098773.gif

Notes are:
  • Top Notes: Ginger, Grapefruit, Lemon.
  • Middle Notes: Apple, Juniper, Lavandin.
  • Bottom Notes: Vetiver, Cedarwood, Ambrofix.
Really nice…..I would call it a modernized Eau Sauvage - basically a scent that would appeal more to a gentleman (versus a teenager or twenty-something), but has a modern touch. Best way for me to describe it - it is like a Chanel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme without the powdery notes - I love me some citrus, but don’t worry if you aren’t a citrus freak - it is quite well balanced - the Apple and Juniper tone it down along with the base notes.

Have a great day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back