The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the cadre could send positive thoughts Aidan’s way - he had a seizure this morning (his first in over 2 years); he’s resting now in the hospital - thank goodness that it was not a long one - was more violent than I remember the other ones. The bummer is that we just weened him off his meds two weeks ago.

He is recuperating well - a little tired but slowly returning to normal.

well - this wasn’t the Sunday we had planned.

Thank You everyone for your well wishes. Aidan is back and home and almost back to normal. Bummer that it looks like we’ll have to continue the medication - but it is obviously needed!

Thank you my brothers for all your well wishes!

SOTD: 03/28/2022

1648470215840.jpeg

Razor: Rocnel Sailor (Master Collection)
Blade: Gillette King C. Gillette, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Mysterious Space
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Aftershave
Balm: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum

Aidan woke up smiling and laughing - so we’re off to a good start!

I had planned to shave with all of my favorites - and Le Grand Chypre is my favorite scent out there. However, Mother Nature decided that although it is the end of March - that it would be good to drop the temp to freezing and send a little flurries our way.

But - not to worry - because though I had planned to use my favorite cologne - Christian Dior Eau Sauvage EdT - and it is a smidge cold for that IMO, I know a guy

1648470684561.gif

who directed me to the fact that Dior had the foresight for today to make an EdP. So we’re back in business.

It is fortuitous that Aidan’s school was already closed for Teacher training - so we’re going to literally chill (because it’s freezing outside) and let him have another day to relax and recuperate. We have plenty of STEAM projects we can do. The other kids have to work….

1648470961352.gif

Though I have to admit - when I was their age - I do remember begging my dad to just let me hang out with my friends “But Dad - this is the last time I’ll ever get to have fun.” And I was met with the same empathetic response as he dropped me off at work. Parents can be so cruel.😂

Have a great day my friends!

SOTD: 03/31/2022

1648743075100.jpeg

Razor: Stando Polska Gryphon With Suomi Handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 2nd use
Brush: Razor Emporium Blue & Gold Best Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Soap: Apex Alchemy Shaving Brain Freeze Puck
Aftershave: RazoRock Gold Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Cassell-Massey Jockey Club EdT

Went High Falutin’ Today!

1648743148201.gif

So - noggin shave today - very smooth and enjoyable. And love the scents. Though the cologne is not in the same family as the soap/AS (Paco Rabanne 1 Million Lucky/1 Million) - still compliment each other.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

1648743393328.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back