The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 03/24/2022

1648127076741.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SR (Folding, Blue)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Cola
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Apex Alchemy Shaving Cold One Puck
Aftershave: Apex Alchemy Shaving Cold One Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Homme EdC

Have a Coke and a smile! This is a wonderful cola scent (though I would say that it is more inline with an old fashioned cola, even leaning towards RC Cola, than Coca Cola). No matter - fantastic job. I was going to go with a frag with a cola note - but it is going to be pretty warm today and all my frags with cola scents would be cloying. C’est la vie. So hit me up with some Dior Homme Cologne - perfect citrus!

Have a great day.

SOTD: 03/24/2022

View attachment 78678

Razor: Feather Artist Club SR (Folding, Blue)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Cola
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Apex Alchemy Shaving Cold One Puck
Aftershave: Apex Alchemy Shaving Cold One Aftershave
Additional Care: Christian Dior Homme EdC

Have a Coke and a smile! This is a wonderful cola scent (though I would say that it is more inline with an old fashioned cola, even leaning towards RC Cola, than Coca Cola). No matter - fantastic job. I was going to go with a frag with a cola note - but it is going to be pretty warm today and all my frags with cola scents would be cloying. C’est la vie. So hit me up with some Dior Homme Cologne - perfect citrus!

Have a great day.
Refreshing!!!

giphy.gif

Very nice! And you’ve got Dior Homme! Jealous!

Hope today doesn’t cook your bacon too much! 😂👍
It is a fantastic citrus forward scent. I went back and forth on this and Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne Sport (Say that fast lol - it was discontinued and it is now just Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne - I don’t know why the original added the sport twice).

If you were to just read the notes - while both are right up my alley - the Chanel looked on paper to be the one because of all the citrus up top: Bergamot, Orange, Grapefruit, Mandarin Orange, Lemon, Neroli - like wow) - but when I got the sample I smelled celery. I thought - I must have gotten a funky sample - but when I looked it up on Fragrantica - I wasn’t the only one who detected that note. To me, celery - great snack - not so good frag. So - a little bit of a bummer - I really liked most of it - but I couldn’t get past the celery.

The Dior is like a nice lemonade - I love it!

SOTD: 03/25/2022

1648212710251.jpeg

Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Handle
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Ginger’s Garden Pink Boi Stick
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Pink Boi Aftershave
Additional Care: Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male EdT

Bubble gum shave today - this is one of Aidan’s favs - but he was nice enough to share today 😂 This reminds me of the Double Bubble Gum that you got in the dugout right before Little League games. JPG Ultramale is the closest thing I have to a bubble gum frag.

Today’s weather is perfect for baseball - not too hot, not too cold. Can’t wait for the season to start. Our local minor league team will be back so woo hoo!

Have a great day everyone!

Not sure how I feel about bubblegum scented shave soap! But I do remember those dugout days, although we had Big League Chew, which took years for me to put together was like chew tobacco. Not sure they still make that...wouldn't surprise me if they don't :LOL:

Not sure how I feel about bubblegum scented shave soap! But I do remember those dugout days, although we had Big League Chew, which took years for me to put together was like chew tobacco. Not sure they still make that...wouldn't surprise me if they don't :LOL:
They still make Big League Chew! I still remember the commercials - ”You’re in the Big Leagues Now…….” Now they have it in big plastic buckets as well - I think if my kids were still in baseball - I’d stick with the pouches - having 12 kids stick their hands in a bucket and grab a few strands of gum - with all the dirt and germs - yuck lol!

I don’t think this is a scent for date night 😂 - but for me - one of the joys of being single - I can wear bubble gum scents 😂

So many great memories with this stuff!
I’m bummed that some of the flavors have gone by the wayside - I’ll always love the original, but I was a Cherry Coke and Watermelon guy. Now they have Cotton Candy which Aidan loves. When Jack and Sydney played baseball - Jack loved Blue Raspberry and Sydney liked Grape.

I see they have Hot Chocolate - not sure about that one lol

Did you have a favorite flavor?

I’m bummed that some of the flavors have gone by the wayside - I’ll always love the original, but I was a Cherry Coke and Watermelon guy. Now they have Cotton Candy which Aidan loves. When Jack and Sydney played baseball - Jack loved Blue Raspberry and Sydney liked Grape.

I see they have Hot Chocolate - not sure about that one lol

Did you have a favorite flavor?
Most definitely the classic bubble gum and the grape!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back