The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing to add. I haven't lived in nor driven in notoriously bad traffic. The worst I have been in was Atlanta.

SOTD: 03/16/2022

1647474532026.gif

Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Neon
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: West Coast Shaving The Soloist Puck
Aftershave: West Coast Shaving The Soloist Aftershave
Balm: West Coast Shaving The Soloist Balm
Additional Care: Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club EdT

Well - my all time favorite frag - Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club! This was one fantastic shave - needed that today!

First time use of the Karve Overlander - I have to say really nice razor - very, very mild - I can attest to the claims that you can shave across the grain on the first path with no discomfort or tugging. Produces a very smooth shave. There is no blade feel on this one.

Can you believe it? The O’Gertzes and the McMittelsdorfs (my maternal side) - are all in a tizzy because my boss is making me go to an on-site meeting so I can talk to some muckety-mucks. On my national holiday of all things (Though both the Gertzes and the Mittelsdorfs take umbrage to me adding the O’ and the Mc’ - I say - people travelled by boats back in the day, they had to stop in Ireland before getting to the States- Hence we are Irish. So no Guiness Brunches for me. I’m having corned beef and cabbage tonight.

Have a great evening my friends.

Oh, I made a video, it’s processing now to post.

SOTD: 03/16/2022

View attachment 78173

Razor: Karve Overlander
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Neon
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: West Coast Shaving The Soloist Puck
Aftershave: West Coast Shaving The Soloist Aftershave
Balm: West Coast Shaving The Soloist Balm
Additional Care: Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club EdT

Well - my all time favorite frag - Maison Margiela Replica Jazz Club! This was one fantastic shave - needed that today!

First time use of the Karve Overlander - I have to say really nice razor - very, very mild - I can attest to the claims that you can shave across the grain on the first path with no discomfort or tugging. Produces a very smooth shave. There is no blade feel on this one.

Can you believe it? The O’Gertzes and the McMittelsdorfs (my maternal side) - are all in a tizzy because my boss is making me go to an on-site meeting so I can talk to some muckety-mucks. On my national holiday of all things (Though both the Gertzes and the Mittelsdorfs take umbrage to me adding the O’ and the Mc’ - I say - people travelled by boats back in the day, they had to stop in Ireland before getting to the States- Hence we are Irish. So no Guiness Brunches for me. I’m having corned beef and cabbage tonight.

Have a great evening my friends.

Oh, I made a video, it’s processing now to post.
May the wind always be at your back and the road rise to meet you.

SOTD: 03/17/2022

1647511937196.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 4th use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Gael Luc Puck
Aftershave: Mäurer & Wirtz Sir Irisch Moos Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Stirling Soap Sharp Dressed Man

Erin Go Braugh!
Happy Saint Patricks Day!

SOTD: 03/18/2022

1647613202902.jpeg

Razor: Monocero Husaria Mix
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 5th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Green Ray
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Pinnacle Grooming Citrus Blast Puck
Aftershave: Ethos Grooming Essentials Lime, Tangerine, & Spearmint Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Dua Fragrances Artistic Lime PE

Well - the sun is out, I’ve done my morning walk, had my first meeting on calculating labor rates for the next contract, and had freshly squeezed juice for breakfast along with Grape Nuts (to think I used to tell my dad they were blech when I was young; they are awesome).

Since it is going to be above 24 degrees today (I’m training myself to do all metric for now on) - I decided to go with an all citrus shave! I know, I know, this is a change of pace for me. I think all the products today are fantastic - Pinnacle‘s soap is nice an bright, @Dragonsbeard ‘s custom skin food - this is a perfect blend of citrus (tart lime and sweet tangerine) with a splash of mint! Finished the shave with Dua Artistic Lime which is a dupe of Bohemian Lime.

Have a fantastic start to your weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back