The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 03/14/2022

1647316186233.jpeg

Razor: Rocnel Sailor (Master Collection)
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 5th use
Brush: Oumo Brush Golden Age Ebony Badger
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: West Coast Shaving No. 1 Gatsby V2 Puck
Aftershave: West Coast Shaving No. 1 Gatsby V2 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Chanel Pour Monsieur

Keep your shirts on! Yes, I made a video and I’m editing it now - sheesh!

Now - was the razor worth every penny - A.B.S.O.L.U.T.E.L.Y!!!!! I know that this razor is new - so it still has that shine - and I know it cost a lot of duckers - so there is the justify the cost in the back of your head. But to me - this lived up to everything I wanted in a DE razor. It’s stainless steel and it is H-E-A-V-Y!!!! Yet it is so balanced - it isn’t awkward to move around your face - even under the nose. And when they say - let the razor do the work - let me tell you - there is no effort in this - especially on the first pass. Now for today’s shave - I only tried settings 2 & 3 - but this was just like the last few razors (looking at you Stando & Monocero) - it is so hard to explain - you know the blade is there while at the same time - there is no harshness - it is smooth as silk. I know that I have to take this razor out for some more spins - but I can say that I am so glad I invested in this one.

Now, like in the video I explain - there are some unknowns - for instance - there aren’t any real stats on this (weight, length, gaps) - Bullgoose does have a version of this razor - but the description I can tell is from the 2019 version - because it mentions the efficiency levels - a M & A - while the 2020 and on - have 1-5 in Roman Numerals. Additionally, there are two versions - the standard (sold at Bullgoose and on Rocnel’s website) and the Master’s Collection (only on Rocnel Website). I forgot to ask Murat what the differences were - but there is a $200 difference between the two. I believe the only difference is that the Master‘s Collection comes with the stand. There are also rumors that the standard doesn’t have the engraving at the bottom. Either way - whatever version - it is a fantastic razor. Really Thor’s Hammer!

I of course, had to go upscale for the shave - I saved the Oumo brush specifically for this occasion. And the soap and cologne - Très Magnifique! So as far as shaving goes - I will probably be on Cloud 9 for a while with this razor. I want to get in a couple more face shaves before I attempt a noggin shave.

Anyway - since it is officially today (Tuesday) Aidan and I have music therapy and hopefully a wonderful day! Have a great day cadre and I will post the video as soon as possible - since it is midnight - later on this morning (That was a lot tougher than I thought it would be).

Wait…SOTD posted at 9pm no video yet? What’s this editing stuff you speak of? Going all Hollywood glam right from the start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back