The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL - I’m trying a different tact - going to try to upload it using the app - it was just hung on 2% for the past hour.

Ya, an hour is a bit long. But it really doesn’t show progress. It’ll go from nothing to 100% then just waiting to publish. Each step seems to take a while.

It’s moving along quite nicely in the app now - so far - not to jinx it (up to 25%) - the longest videos I have uploaded in the past were about 2-5 minutes in length - so not used to this waiting. C’Mon Alphabet - get your act together!

Eh, internet is down at work now. I wouldn’t be able to watch you on the big monitor and something of this import deserves nothing but that.

It is now 100% uploaded - but now it is going through another “processing” session - I tell you - this is the longest wait for a 15 minute vid

OK, so my morning shave is going to be delayed - I was planning on using a particular razor that was in a FEDEX package that has bounced around. Yesterday was kind of humorous:

- Deliveries showed my FEDEX package was going to be at my house yesterday - requiring signature (that was a surprise because I only signed up for insurance not signature - but OK).
- FEDEX guy came at 2:30 PM, saw him pull up 3 houses down, I go outside standing in front of my door, FEDEX guy doesn’t even get out of the truck and drives off.
- 4 PM rolls around - I leave to take my son to music therapy - and wham - get the message that FEDEX couldn’t delivery my package because I wasn’t home to sign.
- I call FEDEX, tell them I need better than an 8 hour window, they can’t give a smaller window, I inform them that the package that came from Turkey the day before via FEDEX gave me a 2 hour window……stalemate. We finally agree - just keep the package at the center and I’ll pick it up.
- Immediately when I get off the phone, I get a text from FEDEX stating they will make an attempt to deliver again tomorrow.
- I call FEDEX back, they said now they can’t get ahold of the center and that they will call me to let me know.
- I receive no phone calls, but this morning get another text that the package is on a truck for delivery (at this point I decide not to fight it, I’ll will reschedule afternoon plans)
- I call FEDEX to verify, the automated operator states it is ready for pickup.
- I talk to customer service, they have now verified it is on hold at the center.
- I get another text stating that it is being shipped.

So long story short, I am just going to get an addressed PO Box that our @August West suggested. My neighborhood doesn’t have an issue with stolen packages at doorsteps that I know of, but this isn’t the first time that I have missed a package. Seems like this would be money well spent because I have to drive into town every day to take Aidan to school.

So, after I go to pick up the package - I will shave tonight. This is the Karve Overlander - I haven’t used it yet so I can only go by what I’ve seen other shavers say. But to add to the difficulty - I will make it a noggin shave.

1647438067842.gif

Last edited:
OK, so my morning shave is going to be delayed - I was planning on using a particular razor that was in a FEDEX package that has bounced around. Yesterday was kind of humorous:

- Deliveries showed my FEDEX package was going to be at my house yesterday - requiring signature (that was a surprise because I only signed up for insurance not signature - but OK).
- FEDEX guy came at 2:30 PM, saw him pull up 3 houses down, I go outside standing in front of my door, FEDEX guy doesn’t even get out of the truck and drives off.
- 4 PM rolls around - I leave to take my son to music therapy - and wham - get the message that FEDEX couldn’t delivery my package because I wasn’t home to sign.
- I call FEDEX, tell them I need better than an 8 hour window, they can’t give a smaller window, I inform them that the package that came from Turkey the day before via FEDEX gave me a 2 hour window……stalemate. We finally agree - just keep the package at the center and I’ll pick it up.
- Immediately when I get off the phone, I get a text from FEDEX stating they will make an attempt to deliver again tomorrow.
- I call FEDEX back, they said now they can’t get ahold of the center and that they will call me to let me know.
- I receive no phone calls, but this morning get another text that the package is on a truck for delivery (at this point I decide not to fight it, I’ll will reschedule afternoon plans)
- I call FEDEX to verify, the automated operator states it is ready for pickup.
- I talk to customer service, they have now verified it is on hold at the center.
- I get another text stating that it is being shipped.

So long story short, I am just going to get an addressed PO Box that our @August West suggested. My neighborhood doesn’t have an issue with stolen packages at doorsteps that I know of, but this isn’t the first time that I have missed a package. Seems like this would be money well spent because I have to drive into town every day to take Aidan to school.

So, after I go to pick up the package - I will shave tonight. This is the Karve Overlander - I haven’t used it yet so I can only go by what I’ve seen other shavers say. But to add to the difficulty - I will make it a noggin shave.

View attachment 78115
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back