The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 03/11/2022

1647006736630.jpeg

Razor: Stando Polska Prowe 2 With Svarga Handle
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 4th use
Brush: DS Cosmetic T4 Resin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Albion Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix & Beau Albion Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Dunhill Icon Racing Blue EdP

Took the new Stando out for a spin - another very smooth and enjoyable shave. I love the look and feel of the handle. The shave itself wasn’t as efficient as the Gryphon, but it was just as comfortable. I really think that Stando Polska’s are one of those hidden gems in the shaving world.

Boss put me in charge again for the day!

1647006859515.gif

Just received my tracking number for the Rocnel Sailor and wooden case - already in Germany. Woo Hoo!

Have a great day everyone!

SOTD: 03/12/2022

1647096318865.jpeg

Razor: Monocero Husaria Mix
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Permasharp (Green), 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: House of Mammoth Mood Indigo Puck
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Blueberry Daiquiri Aftershave
Additional Care: Yves Saint Laurent Y EdP

Ok, well the snow and sleet have already started - so looks to be mainly an indoor day today - so what says indoors like no other scent - that’s right - Daiquiris!

1647096766636.gif

Fun fact: Many of the scenes in Wedding Crashers were filmed in Maryland to include this one.

House of Mammoth (I am a huge fan of the artisan - Ben is top notch in my books) - Mood Indigo is inspired by the Duke Ellington song of the same name - it has a blueberry and a rum note. Ginger’s Garden (I’m also a huge fan of Irena - she’s always taken care of Aidan when I’ve asked for a bespoke scent) - Blueberry Daiquiri is a bespoke for me - Last summer I was going through a phase where I was trying to stump her - and together we came up with probably 7-8 boozy type scents - and this is one of them. YSL Y EdP is a nice blue scent - so wraps the shave in a neat little packet.

Aidan and I already kicked the day off right - made our orange juice - freshly “squeezed” in our new juicer so yum. We then went on to our first STEAM project of the day - a Hovercraft. I think we can play indoor hockey with this thing.

1647096916742.jpeg

I’m sure part of our day will be dedicated to clearing out the snow. Other than that - hopefully a chill day.

Tracking the Rocnel - looks like it is bouncing between sites in Belgium of all places - I can only surmise to try out some Côte d'Or chocolate or some great Trappist or Lambic beer.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

SOTD: 03/13/2022

1647166884272.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Executive (Gold)
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 4th use
Brush: Boti Brush Rainbow Jade Resin Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Arsenal Grooming Cabaret Puck
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming Cabaret Aftershave
Additional Care: Dolce & Gabbana The One EdP

Can anyone guess what this soap & AS are an homage to, anyone? Something D&G……

1647167268354.gif

Ok, I’ll give it to you…. D&G The One baby. Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and smell around you could miss it. So there it is. A crowd pleaser for just about everyone. I am amazed about how many artisans are out of Michigan.

Well, it is still cold and icy here after being 70 degrees on Friday. Go figure. I’d say about 5-6 inches of snow. Aidan enjoyed running around in it, that is for sure.

Today we are planning on doing a cooking STEAM project and going to Urban Air.

Have a great Sunday and I hope everyone wasn’t too impacted by the clock moving forward in yet again - no one can figure why we still do this kind of day. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back