The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 03/09/2022

1646834258875.jpeg

Razor: Monocero Husaria Mix
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 4th use
Brush: Boti Brush Annual Ring
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Smokey Grapefruit Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Smokey Grapefruit Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Mont Blanc Explorer EdP

Right off the bat, I’ve let @NurseDave down - nothing in this shave appearance wise, matches. Luckily the scents do! And if you sniff the fragrances enough without taking additional breaths, well then the colors sort of blend as well……

I have to say, I’ve been really lucky with my razor acquisitions of late. The last four new stainless steel razors (REX Konsul, HLS START 2, Stando Polska Gryphon, and Monocero Husaria) have been some of the smoothest shaves around - truly the most comfortable. What I do find amazing is that the blade gaps for the last 3 (since the Konsul is adjustable - that doesn’t count) - have been really large - 1.4mm and above. I know that gap isn’t the whole story, the head geometry and blade exposure also play a significant role.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that if you are on the fence with any of these- you can’t go wrong. I lean towards less aggressive razors, I’m not a fan of a lot of blade feel, which normal means that you give up a little on efficiency, but that is not the case of late. And if you are one that likes some blade feel - I think the Monocero Husaria is the perfect compromise. It is hard to describe - you know that the blade is there, but somehow it is not uncomfortable in the least. I do say that the Husaria is more aggressive than the Gryphon, because with the Husaria you do have to pay attention or this one I think would bite - but it is very easy to find the angle and my face feels great. I also like that the Husaria, like the Gryphon, is “adjustable” in that you just have to switch sides of the razor to get a different experience. The Husaria version of the open comb is quite unique.

Well - today is going to be a day of prepping presentations for my customer - they have an off-stie for tomorrow and Friday, and basically are presenting to their powers that be - all their accomplishments. So time to make sure they shine!

I just have to say - I had a blast with Aidan at music therapy last night - he was spot on - and last night really demonstrated the progress he has made with communicating. Just wow!

Have a fantastic day my friends!

Don't sell your color matching short. That brush has the green and maroon from the Stirling items and the back from the Mont Blanc. It ties it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back