The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through a time of wanting a juicer, bad. Mostly to have another gadget I guess. But then I read about juicing being the worst way to eat fruits and veggies. But I’d love to cram stuff into it just to see what happens.
I went back and forth - I had an old Jack Lalanne one - but it was such a pain in the butt to clean. Then I did a lot of reading up on it and of course like everything - there’s debate all around on what’s good, what’s not, then the two schools - centrifugal force, masticating, etc. I look at it this way - if there is a quick way that I can get some fruits and veggies into my kids and my diets - then it is worth a shot. They do like the smoothies I make for them using frozen fruit, but Aidan is very picky. I was using the blender to mix spaghetti sauce and some leafy greens. I like this one in that I can make a bunch of juice on a Saturday and use it to mix in with broth, sauces, etc in the week. Worth a try.

This on is supposed to be a cross between a centrifugal and masticating. I am sure most of that is marketing - but for the masticating ones that I looked at - seemed a lot messier and more time consuming (and even more expensive than the one I got - which wasn’t cheap - the price of a good Stainless Steel razor 😂)- by the time I was done with the prep, making the stuff and actually getting the juice (not including the clean-up) - with the one I got, i could have a whole liter of juice if I wanted and done with the clean-up (prep is much easier).

The results are better than the fresh squeezed hand held - much more juice out. But we’ll see.

If nothing else - Aidan is impressed and thinks its fun to put a whole apple in the thing and in seconds it disappears 😂

I went back and forth - I had an old Jack Lalanne one - but it was such a pain in the butt to clean. Then I did a lot of reading up on it and of course like everything - there’s debate all around on what’s good, what’s not, then the two schools - centrifugal force, masticating, etc. I look at it this way - if there is a quick way that I can get some fruits and veggies into my kids and my diets - then it is worth a shot. They do like the smoothies I make for them using frozen fruit, but Aidan is very picky. I was using the blender to mix spaghetti sauce and some leafy greens. I like this one in that I can make a bunch of juice on a Saturday and use it to mix in with broth, sauces, etc in the week. Worth a try.

This on is supposed to be a cross between a centrifugal and masticating. I am sure most of that is marketing - but for the masticating ones that I looked at - seemed a lot messier and more time consuming (and even more expensive than the one I got - which wasn’t cheap - the price of a good Stainless Steel razor 😂)- by the time I was done with the prep, making the stuff and actually getting the juice (not including the clean-up) - with the one I got, i could have a whole liter of juice if I wanted and done with the clean-up (prep is much easier).

The results are better than the fresh squeezed hand held - much more juice out. But we’ll see.

If nothing else - Aidan is impressed and thinks its fun to put a whole apple in the thing and in seconds it disappears 😂
Try straight carrots and see what Aiden thinks. I tried juicing several years ago and didn’t realize how sweet carrot juice was until I tried it.

SOTD: 03/07/2022

1646665204973.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Folding, Walnut)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Cola
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Wickham Soap Company Club Cola Puck
Aftershave: Wickham Soap Company Club Cola Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Jacques Zolty Severo EdP

Coke and a smile!

I have two razors coming in from overseas (unfortunately not the Rocnel yet) - finally after 20 days - have cleared customs and are on this side of the pond.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited:
SOTD: 03/07/2022

1646736444468.jpeg

Razor: Monocero Husaria Mix
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic T4 Resin
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Lodrino Good Shave the Queen Puck
Aftershave: Oleo Soapworks Irving Park Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Prada Luna Rossa Carbon EdT

I was pleasantly surprised when the Monocera razor arrived - it seemed stuck in Poland customs for the longest time and then all of a sudden Monday morning showed up in NY USA customs - so I thought it would be here this week - but not yesterday.

The razor is beautiful craftsmanship - it has a wider blade gap (1.4mm) - but I’m no longer intimidated - it is a smooth shaver. I like the fact that like the Stando Polska Gryphon - I can just switch sides of the razor and get a different experience. Monocero’s version of the open comb is unique and I can‘t imagine the time it took to machine it.

The soap is fantastic - hard to describe the scent - but just an overall nice light scent - would be great as a frag. Oleo (now Chicago Grooming) Irving Park is a tip of the hat towards Rive Gauche - so can’t go wrong with that. Prada L’Homme finishes off - just to have a light pleasant clean scent.

Who knows - maybe the Stando Polska 1/2 DE razor I ordered will arrive today?

Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back