The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 03/02/2022

1646229265047.jpeg

Razor: Smart-Helix Apollo
Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidabile, 1st use
Brush: Boti Brush Rainbow Jade Resin Badger
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Crowne & Crane Carnival Puck
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Infinitus Irish Cream Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Bvlgari Man In Black Cologne EdT

Ok, I’m a day late and a dollar short - forgot yesterday was Mardi Gras, so making it up today. I didn’t buy the soap particularly for Mardi Gras - I just liked the label. The soap is a great performer, the scent is gourmand - it smells sort of like a sugar cookie. The closest thing I could think of to match the scent AS wise was this M&M Infinitus release - which is Irish Cream scented. Had to tame the sweetness down with some Bvlgari Man Black cologne.

Hopefully a quiet day all around. Have a great day.

SOTD: 03/03/2022

1646318259389.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 2nd use
Brush: Boti Brush Purple & Green Stable Wood
Bowl: US Army Mug Mug
Soap: First Line Shave Frag Out! Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Deton-8 Aftershave
Additional Care: Bvlgari Man In Black EdP

Took the newly revamped Gillette Slim for a spin. Thanks @GearNoir - took your advice and used the GSB’s - worked great. The soap and AS are homages to Spice Bomb - I don’t have the cologne anymore - used my sample up - but the Bvlgari Man in Black is a close cousin.

I figured the issue of what went wrong during the last Army-Navy Game was that I didn’t have a matching razor. Problem Solved! So my apologies to the USMA! I have a backup as well - I have a JR Torrey US Army Straight razor which I will get rescaled and touched up. I’m throwing down the gauntlet @MarkB !

Have a great day everyone!

View attachment 77135

B13
Took the newly revamped Gillette Slim for a spin. Thanks @GearNoir - took your advice and used the GSB’s - worked great. The soap and AS are homages to Spice Bomb - I don’t have the cologne anymore - used my sample up - but the Bvlgari Man in Black is a close cousin.

I figured the issue of what went wrong during the last Army-Navy Game was that I didn’t have a matching razor. Problem Solved! So my apologies to the USMA! I have a backup as well - I have a JR Torrey US Army Straight razor which I will get rescaled and touched up. I’m throwing down the gauntlet @MarkB !

Deton-8.......very clever.

It would be even more clever if it led to a Bingo win!
You need to pray to the Bingo gods.....or more accurately...to the god of completely random numbers...and randomly generated bingo cards....and just randomness.

View attachment 77135

Love the new paint on that piece.

SOTD: 03/04/2022

1646399307628.jpeg

Razor: Stando Polska Gryphon With Suomi Handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Chisel And Hound 3056RC IPA Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Pre-Shave Serum Cream
Soap: K Shave Worx Bumble Nuts Puck
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Lemon Honey Aftershave
Additional Care: Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord EdT

This was one of the last K Shave Worx soaps that was sold on their Etsy site - so I grabbed it - I like the small 2 Oz container. Very simple scent - Almonds and Honey - reminds me of breakfast - Honey Bunches of Oats. The Ginger’s Garden AS was a happy accident - it was supposed to be called the Bees Knees after the Prohibition Cocktail - but all in all came out nicely. Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord adds a warming feel to the end of the shave. All in all a good shave - really like the Stando Polska Gryphon.

Aidan has to get fillings today - he’s pretty good about it- this will be the first time we don’t put him all the way under.

Have a great day my friends!

SOTD: 03/05/2022

1646495278904.jpeg

Razor: REX Supply Co Konsul
Blade: Elios Inoxidable, 1st use
Brush: Backyard Sawdust Green Wave Badger
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Waves Puck
Aftershave: Clubman Reserve Gent’s Gin Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Commodity Fragrances Gin EdT

Nice clean - light boozy smelling shave. Suns out - hoping for a wonderful day. Konsul is still rocking - just a smooth shave on all settings. Haven’t broken out the brush in a long time - very soft. I know that Clubman Reserve AS aren’t old school - but they have that old school feel and I think this is one of my favs. Commodity has some great fragrances - I have a couple more on my wishlist.

My acquisition today that I get to try out is a Breville Juice Fountain Cold. I buy most of our fruits and veggies from Costco but the problem was that even though less expensive than buying less at a grocery store - it was hard finish them all. I did have a hand-held manual juicer - but I have to admit - pain in the butt. So hopefully this will do the trick.

1646495534535.png

Have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back