The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean for taking those moments. My kids aren't as old as yours, but they are already starting to want to spend less time with us.

Put me on that contact list for the Konsul too.

It
I know what you mean for taking those moments. My kids aren't as old as yours, but they are already starting to want to spend less time with us.

Put me on that contact list for the Konsul too.
Yup, when parents are no longer as cool as their friends - you take advantage of those moments!

SOTD: 02/24/2022

1645716185449.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 1st use
Brush: Boti Brush Classic Stable Wood & Green Resin
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Through The Fire Fine Craft Galaxie Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Glacial Citron Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Givenchy Gentleman Givenchy EdP

Went with a new soap base today- Through the Fire Shave Craft - first time use. Very soft soap - very good performer. The base reminds me of WTF or Catie’s Bubbles. I haven’t used it before - but from the little I’ve read - it looks like they are transitioning labels/names - that what they have are their regular fare of scents - but with a old time car theme. I really wanted to get the Delorian - back to the Future - but I picked this one because- you guessed it - nothing but Citrus!!! The other one I purchased - Lead Sled - has a boozy note about it. Stirling Citron goes perfectly with this soap - maybe a little cooler -but nice wake me up.

I haven’t rolled out the Gentleman Givenchy in quite some time - this has a nice iris note - along the same family as Dior Homme or Prada L‘Homme. I tell you - the whole naming convention for Givenchy is confusing between Gentleman Givenchy to Givenchy Gentleman - and of course - there is the whole old school one from the 1970’s with the same name (all the notes in that one - I thought - that was for me - right until the Civet part.) I always wonder which perfumer said - you know what this fragrance needs? Yup, a fecal cat note. Luckily the new version is a complete remake - no poopy felines in this one.

Have a great day everyone.

Oooph! Brian a little off his colour matchy match game today. Been a bit of a tough week for you brother? Here's to pulling it together and blasting into Friday in style!
I feel like I let the team down.

Originally I had thought of using RazoRock XXX EdT which would have definitely been in line with the other scents of the Soap/AS and color scheme. I pulled an audible at the last moment and threw an interception

1645718717053.gif

I gave up on Givenchy lol. Tried one…not sure which, probably not this one by the sound of it…too animalic/musky…must have been leaning toward the old school one you mentioned. I’ll stick with Dior Homme line 😂

I gave up on Givenchy lol. Tried one…not sure which, probably not this one by the sound of it…too animalic/musky…must have been leaning toward the old school one you mentioned. I’ll stick with Dior Homme line 😂
I‘ve smelled the Dior Homme and this version is in the same veins - but this version isn’t my favorite and since you have the Dior - this would really be a duplication of effort - the times and places you’d wear either of them would be the same. The version they call Gentleman Givenchy Cologne which is an EdT is my fav - nice citrus top note and along the lines of the Dior Homme Eau de Cologne.

SOTD: 02/25/2022

1645798409992.jpeg

Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 2nd use
Brush: Teton Shaves Barbershop De Los Muertos Blanco
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co. Badass Puck
Aftershave: Avon Tai Winds Aftershave
Additional Care: Carolina Herrera CH Men Prive EdT

Nothing like a tip of the Fedora towards the old school mixed in with a little rebelliousness as well. Just thought I’d be different and mix and match a little - the overall results were a great way to start the day.

Boss put me in charge today….so in my mind…

1645798581480.gif

But her interpretation is more like this…..

1645798615258.gif

So we’ll see. Have a great day my friends.

SOTD: 02/26/2022

1645936302744.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 3rd use
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Universe
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Black Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Paganini’s Violin Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Paganini’s Violin Aftershave
Additional Care: Bathhouse Soaps Bespoke (Moonshine + Steam)

Got a noggin shave just under the wire tonight. So, what to say about the soap & AS. I’ve wanted to try this ever since it first came out in the Soft Hearts base - the description made it sound like it be a nice little scent. Basically - fresh shower + tea. I shower from time to time - and I love tea - and the smell of tea. While I don’t think this is unpleasant - I don’t get the notes - it is just kind of there - hard to describe.

The cologne though brought out a lot of the notes that I was expecting and I really like it. I had BHS on my to get list for a while - very affordable soap - but found out they are retiring some of the scents that I wanted to try - so I pulled the trigger. I definitely am pleased. So they also have this section where you can make your own cologne - and mix and match/combine scents - so I did it - and they really came out nice. So I combined two of their better known scents - Moonshine and Steam.

Moonshine Description (sorry about the bold - from the cut and paste)

Citrus notes of fresh lemon and orange are mellowed with the additions of white jasmine and sensual musk for a fragrance that is brilliantly clean and bright.​

Steam Description:

We created this fragrance to be masculine, however, ladies are drawn to it because it reminds them of their boyfriend’s t-shirt. Fresh and clean with notes of honey, lilac, cucumber, and warm amber, aka the best-selling unisex scent…ever!​

The result of the combo was a really what I was expecting and really pleasing - nice citrus top, little boozy, and the fresh linen/tshirt smell. If they would have described the scent as fresh shower and tea- this scent goes in that direction as well.

Have a great night!

SOTD: 02/27/2022

1645967987053.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM, 4th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Denton Majik Kusafiri Puck
Aftershave: 345 Soap Company Expedition Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Bathhouse Soaps Bespoke (Honkey-Tonk Man & Sweet Tea)

Good morning! Today’s shave was an homage to Ralph Lauren Safari. Now that I’ve tried two artisan versions of the scent - I really, really like it - now I have to get the cologne - this stuff is right up my alley. We have a few folks on our forum that I’ve discussed it with - and they love it - I’m glad they recommended it. It is definitely in that old school vein- but it does not feel dated in any way. I think all fragrances are unisex - you like what you like - this does give you that manly, chop down some brush with a machete kind of vibe though 😂

I have wanted to try a Denton Majik soap (they are from Michigan) - and this gave me an excuse to get it and a 345 AS. I have a few 345 sets - and I think they are quality products - Denton as far as I can tell - doesn’t sell AS. They encourage bowl lathering - which I usually only do for Aidan - but a neat little feature is that Denton Majik includes a poker chip in its soaps for scooping. It’s the little things 😂

My cologne is another mix and match from Bathhouse Soaps - and I love, love the way this one turned out. It is definitely a winner.

Honkey-Tonk Man description:

A psycho-billy blend of oakmoss, a draw of amber, smooth hickory, and a twang of jasmine & lavender create the perfect blend that guys (and gals) love.​

And for Sweet Tea:

A southern styling of sunshine brewed tea leaves, a twist of lemon, and enough sugar to trail the Mason Dixon Line...twice.​

The result is in the vein of JPG Ultramale or Versace Eros - but with a mature vibe to it.

Aidan and I have a STEAM project planned and a walk along the River Walk today. Have a wonderful Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back