The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 02/22/2022

1645538703569.jpeg

Razor: REX Supply Co Konsul
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex
Bowl: Walmart Floral Bowl
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Los Jabones De Joserra Citrico Excentrico Puck
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Rochas Moustache 1949 EdT

Second drive with the Konsul and Second Verse - Same as the First. Just a wonderful experience; nothing like efficiency without the feel of the sharpness of the blade dragging across the face. Woo Hoo! I might actually try a Feather Blade - usually my skin can’t handle a Feather - at least not without corking the blade - which then defeats the purpose of using a very sharp blade, but I think this razor - I just might be able to pull it off - worth a try.

The rest of the shave - well - nothing like starting your day with Chypre!

Today is just meetings - including a Parent - Teacher conference - and finishing up a report.

Have a fantastic day!

Been getting caught up. A lot of great stuff. That adjustable slant sounds amazing.

Been getting caught up. A lot of great stuff. That adjustable slant sounds amazing.
I‘m hesitant sometimes to rave about things since there is always the newness factor / justify the cost of the thing - but in this case (and since I have the REX Ambassador to compare it to) - it really is a fantastic shaver.

SOTD: 02/23/2022

1645624703898.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SR (Folding, Blue)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Starlight
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Mug
Preshave: Cremo Cooling Soap
Soap: Imaginary Authors Telegrama Puck
Aftershave: Imaginary Authors Telegrama Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Versace Dylan Blue EdT

Went to the Fragrance House Imaginary Authors for this shave. This is a collab between IA and Noble Otter - hard to describe the scent, it has some powdery notes - if I were going to categorize it - I’d put it in the vein of Fougére. Really nice shave. I haven’t brought out the Dylan Blue in a long while so why not? Very good finish!

So I was going to shave with the new HLS Taiga, but somewhere last night I got to thinking the satin finish reminds me of my Tatara Muramasa. I like the satin finish, but if I really had my preference, I prefer polish - but not an all out mirror finish - somewhere in between. I know that Tatara doesn’t sell polished versions - so on a whim - I just did a Google search for polished Tatara razor - and wouldn’t you know - our very own @AlanH did his own polish job on his Tatara Masamune - really professional looking - top notch! Bravo my friend. So - I decided to send my Tatara - along with the HLS Taiga out to get a polish finish. I could have gotten the latter polished when I bought it - but it was $100 more so I think I can do better than the factory finish personally. So that’s my story this AM.

Hopefully today is non-eventful, but we’ll see. Aidan got up at 3 AM all giggly - and he wouldn’t go back to sleep - so we chilled out together until school. I’ll take these moments anytime I can get them - though I’m sure that around 1600 Today - I’ll be feeling it. Worth it!

Have a fantastic day!

Poor Taiga…didn’t even get an inaugural shave before it was kicked to the curb 😂
With the Rocnel on its way, it needs to get pretty to be in the same den 😂 - I blame AlanH - if he hadn’t posted such great pics of the Tatara - I wouldn‘t have had the idea. But now that I know how good things could look - the Taiga and the Tatara need to put on their Sunday Best

I tell you this - as far as adjustability - I‘m not sure if this is a good thing or a bad - the Taiga - goes past it’s numbers - you can basically get almost a 10 mm blade gap 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back