The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great looking setup! I need to see if I can get my wife to try a Supply Co razor. She is hooked on Harry’s at the moment.
I think she’d be really impressed with either the Supply Pro or the Supply SE. The SE version is so mild and comfortable - I bought one for Aidan - I really think he could use the razor without my assistance at all. I was skeptical with the new fins that look like an open comb - but man - they really worked. I can see it working for shaving underarms and legs and the like.

I think from a cost perspective - it probably be cheaper than Harry’s after the initial razor investment (right now the SE is on sale - intro price) - and the Black label blades are really smooth and 1/2 supply would cost about $15.

SOTD: 02/18/2022

1645191150680.jpeg

Razor: Stando Polska Gryphon With Suomi Handle
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 3rd use
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Universe
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto Puck
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Fern Concerto Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum

So loving my new Stando - very smooth shaver. The Soap /AS combo are an homage to my absolute favorite cologne - Dior Eau Sauvage EdT. However, since it is winter and the Parfum version packs a punch - I went the stronger route. But loved this shave.

I debated whether or not to wait for the shave- because I have a REX Konsul that should arrive today - it is the first all Stainless Steel Slant Adjustable razor - but I wanted to do a shave this AM - so I’ll save it for Sunday’s shave.

Yesterday’s challenge - I spent the better part of an hour with an engineer as a personal training session. Had a difficult time getting across why their weekly report (which is supposed to present the accomplishments for the week and planned for the next week - and provide the benefit to the customer) -had a difficult time getting across that a report that only shows that they attended meetings all week isn’t meeting the intent of the contractually required report. I asked “Was the template that I provided unclear, do you need my to provide additional examples or provide more in-depth instructions.” “Nope.” “Are you trying to get across that you’re attending too many meeting? Because I can help with that and get your group focused.” Nope - just that’s all they did. After about 55 minutes, I was able to get across that in those meeting - they actually designed the architecture for a replacement system - which would provide new features to automate tasks. - that was the benefit. Reply “Oh.” I’m definitely getting old in that all i can think is “Kids - what the hell are they teaching in college?” Which is probably exactly what my Company Commander and First Sergeant thought of me as a new LT and how my first group of engineers thought in my first private sector job. Well, life is full of training opportunities - and it is my responsibility to make sure these youngins grow professionally. Just need to start drinking again 😂

My challenge next week will be to convince the team that instead of complaining that we need more staff (which isn’t feasible for this part of the contract - unless they don’t want their bonuses/annual increases) - that if they get this system deployed - that the automations will take 1/4 of their tasks off their plate right off the bat. Yep, it‘s a challenge and yep - I am here to help you. But to quote my father……

1645192194530.png

Have a fantastic day and start to your weekend!

Last edited:
I have a REX Konsul that should arrive today - it is the first all Stainless Steel Slant Adjustable razor - but I wanted to do a shave this AM - so I’ll save it for Sunday’s shave.
I really dig slant razors and this one certainly caught my eye. Looking forward to hearing about your opinion!

I really dig slant razors and this one certainly caught my eye. Looking forward to hearing about your opinion!
What really intrigued me about the initial reviews of the prototypes is that the reports are it is on the less aggressive side as compared to the Ambassador. I will definitely do a write up on this.

You whip those nerds into mental shape Brian! 😂

an homage to my absolute favorite cologne - Dior Eau Sauvage EdT. However, since it is winter and the Parfum version packs a punch - I went the stronger route. But loved this shave.
This is helpful. Is the EDP still suitable for warmer weather too? Or are the resinous notes too strong?

You whip those nerds into mental shape Brian! 😂

This is helpful. Is the EDP still suitable for warmer weather too? Or are the resinous notes too strong?

Dior actually skipped the EdP and and went straight for the Parfum. You could still pull it off in warmer weather - but use only a couple of sprays. While the resinous notes are there in the Parfum - they aren’t overpowering in short bursts. I think weather over 75 - 80 - this might get cloying though.

There is another flanker out there - it is also a Parfum - I wanted to get it just so I could have the series. But to me - nothing beats the original Eau Sauvage - definitely my fav along with MM Jazz Club. Can’t get enough of those two!

Is there a Sauvage and an Eau Sauvage? Or is that the same thing? Asking for a friend.
They are made by the same company (Christian Dior) my friend but drastically different frags - sharing only the name.

Eau Sauvage came out in the 1960’s - it is an old school Chypre like scent. Tied for tops in my book for all time best frags - along with Maison Margiela Jazz Club). It is a timeless scent. If you’ve tried Barrister & Mann Chypre - same type of scent. Other frags in the same vein are Chanel Pour Monsieur, Jockey Club, Eight & Bob, and Moustache.

The Sauvage that is the popular one comes in a bottle - the Johnny Depp scent (since he does all the commercials) - and that is a blue scent Like Bleu de Chanel, Versace Dylan Blue, Aventus, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back