The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 02/14/2022

1644851636847.jpeg

Razor: Supply Co Single Edge Pro
Blade: Supply Co Single Edge Injector (Black), 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Handle
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Lakewood Soap Co Coquette Puck
Aftershave: Eyüp Sabrí Tuncer Tiras Kolonyasi No 2 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm

Thought I’d start the week with just simplicity - nice scents and performance all around. Took the Supply SE Pro for another spin - another great shave in the books.

Aidan and I did a paint project yesterday which of course, resulted in him painting a blue beard and green mustache. The other kids worked for SB Sunday - so we didn’t watch the game - caught some of it on Sirius XM.

Have a great day everyone!

SOTD: 02/15/2022 - Little Mix and Match Combo Soap & AS

1644936092054.jpeg

Razor: Ikon Shave Craft B1 Slant - Windrose A2 Hybrid
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum (Black), 2nd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare
Soap: Barrister & Mann Nordost & Stirling Soap Smokey Grapefruit
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Nordost & Stirling Soap Smokey Grapefruit Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Maison Margiela Replica By the Fireplace EdT

I felt like a little smokiness as it is brisk out today - that I thought of MM By The Fireplace - so nothing better that adding great citrus to the mix!

Have a great day everyone!

SOTD: 02/16/2022

1645042525296.jpeg

Razor: Stando Polska Gryphon With Lanca Handle
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 2nd use
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Christmas’21 Badger
Soap: Ariana & Evans Revolution Puck
Aftershave: Historic Brands Italian Soda Aftershave
Additional Care: Ralph Lauren Polo Red Extreme Parfum

I really dig the Stando Polska Gryf. It is a stainless steel razor - and what makes it unique are that the sides of the head are two different efficiencies - so in effect - it is an adjustable razor (Mild side: .75 mm gap, Aggressive side: 1.15 mm). While you can tell that the “aggressive“ side is more efficient, it is by no means uncomfortable, it is smooth. I have two different handles - both Have a divots as part of the design which provide grip when the razor is wet. All in all a great shave.

Just a quick follow up - forgot to add a comparison. What is remarkable about the razor that even on the A side - it is so smooth - but not a huge blade feel - I’d compare it efficiency wise to a Karve D Open Comb as far as efficiency, but a Karve Closed Comb C as far as smoothness. You can tell you are shaving, but what “blade feel” there is is very mild. On the M side- I’d compare it to a Karve B to C closed comb for efficiency and a Karve B as far as smoothness.

SOTD: 02/17/2022

1645106915670.jpeg

Razor: Supply Co Single Edge Pro
Blade: Supply Co Single Edge Injector (Black), 4th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Lather Bros Est 1792 Puck
Aftershave: 4711 Original EdC Aftershave
Additional Care: 4711 Original EdC

I little nod to one of my favorite classic scents. Lather Bros collab with Shaving Time did an excellent job in capturing the essence of 4711. It’s warming up today so I figured I’d pull out a bright and cheery scent base.

The Supply Razor is chugging along - this is one of the only (If not THE only) adjustables that I can crank to the max setting.

Work is nothing but meetings today while trying to get all my deliverables/reports done. No time for hands on equipment and playing with the new toys. ‘Dems da breaks.

Have a fantastic day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back