The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CVargo review flag has been thrown.
Blind Ref GIFs | Tenor

SOTD: 01/29/2022

1643461448231.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SR (Folding, Blue)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 2nd use
Brush: Paladin Shaving Nurse Dave
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Wholly Kaw Scentropy Puck
Aftershave: Avon Tai Winds Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Yves Saint Laurent Y EdP

Thought I‘d take the new AS out for a spin! Thanks again @MilkCrate - I really like it. I was initially going to go old school with the soap - I have some Tabac which is fantastic - but for some reason - with the blah cold weather and the light snow dusting - I needed to stronger power scent wise - especially to match level with the AS. The EdP is fantastic - I think YSL does a great job with all their frags - this one has a nice sage note - plus some grapefruit and ginger. Oh, and I had to display my winnings from @NurseDave from a bingo game long past - a simpler time, when there was a Bingo King to bring peace, harmony, joy, and order. Ahhhh, those were the days. Plus it really matches with the soap label 😂 Bitchin’!

Have to go to Costco today. Need a new vacuum. And found out why my dryer is taking so long to dry my clothes- Need to clear out the vent - that should be fun in the cold 😂 My buddy is coming over with a leaf blower and a shop vac - so we’ll see if those do the trick.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Last edited:
I realize (at 51) there is a reason I am not in any type of customer support.

My mother, who I love with all my heart, has found a way to take the easiest task for Apple products - pairing an Apple watch with an iPhone and made it a 2 hour ordeal. I only had her get an Apple Watch and spend the extra money rather than replace her other fitness tracker - because of the ease of setting it up.

A snippet of how it is going.

Brian: Now that you have turned on your watch, does the watch screen show squiggly lines? YES or NO?
Brian’s Mom: Diatriabe……doesn’t answer yes or no OR what the watch face is showing.
Brian: - Mom - do you see squiggly lines - Yes or No?
Brian’s Mom : New diatribe - still finds a way to not answer the question or provide data on what the watch face is showing.
Brian: Let’s take a new tack - please open the watch app on your phone. The watch app looks like the picture I texted you right before we began the install.

******takes 10 minutes to get to the watch app**************

Brian: Does your screen show a question - Set up new Apple Watch? Yes or No?
Brian‘s Mom: Diatribe but doesn’t include a yes or a no in the answer.

This is why I wish I had whiskey in my house at this moment.

I love that Hamilton! I also have a Hamilton Khaki Field watch on my list as well. It’s amazing how conglomerates have just bought out almost everything - I was surprised to see how much Swatch owned (I remember being a kid when Swatch came out - now they own 1/3 of the watch world!
Brian, Hamiltons are great watches. A good friend gave me this one last year, and I love absolutely everything about it. It would be super cool if Hamiltons were still made in the US, but this Swiss made version ain't bad, either.

1.jpg

I had the pleasure of owning an MKII watch a few years back. It was assembled in PA with a Swiss movement. I may get on the waiting list for another Benchcrafted model at some point. This is the one I had. I passed it along to a friend, and he is over the moon with it. This is another fantastic line of watches if you're in the market...

Brian, Hamiltons are great watches. A good friend gave me this one last year, and I love absolutely everything about it. It would be super cool if Hamiltons were still made in the US, but this Swiss made version ain't bad, either.

View attachment 74627

I had the pleasure of owning an MKII watch a few years back. It was assembled in PA with a Swiss movement. I may get on the waiting list for another Benchcrafted model at some point. This is the one I had. I passed it along to a friend, and he is over the moon with it. This is another fantastic line of watches if you're in the market...

That is a beautiful watch! I just love the understated craftsmanship about it - from the stitching in the band to the movement. Thank you for sharing that with me!’

I really like the history of Hamilton.

It’s funny - I was just watching YT and one of the enthusiasts was doing a tour of RGM - and I thought it was so cool that company was also from PA. One of their watches - has a Tourbillon - I know that for wrist watches it is an unnecessary complication - but there is something mesmerizing about it. So I thought I‘d put it on my “Wish List” - But it is just under $100 K. So I think I will just stick with getting a Hamilton when the time comes to jump into the hobby 😂

SOTD: 02/01/2022

1643725029810.jpeg

Blade: Blue Star GEM Super, 1st use
Brush: Boti Brush Rainbow Jade Resin Badger
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Reserve Classic Puck
Aftershave: Clubman Reserve Cognac Neat Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Aramis Aramis EdT

So a hodgepodge thrown together for the shave full of scents that somehow manage to work together. I really enjoy the Reserve base for the B&M- very easy to lather. I hadn’t taken my Sabre out in a long time - very easy razor to use - very intuitive angle. I do like the upcoming Blackland Era that’s coming out - a year ago Brian would have jumped on that like bees and honey. But with or without the procurement pause - I can’t see how it would fit in my current den - especially with leaning towards adjustables. I wish I could get the head only - but they only sell the baseplate separately. C’est la vie - it is really cool though. I dig new tech - and 3d printing stainless steel - well to me, it doesn’t get any cooler than that. I have a couple of months to ponder it though - at the price they are selling it - the whole razor is cheaper than if I were to get a Timeless or Charcoal Goods head. Shaving World problems - I know lol.

Jack told me he is digging his new car - he installed a new radio all on his own - something I wouldn’t have the patience for - but he has a knack. I’m proud of him - he’s worked his butt off to buy it. Aidan and I have his music therapy so lalalalala - lately he’s been jamming to some heavy metal - should make it for an interesting session. At work I had to crack some calculus out for the first time in a looooooooong while - trying to determine the Standard Deviation P for a data set of 30,0000 entries. My brain still hurts 😂 (even with the help of Excel).

Have a fantastic day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back