The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only "Overtime" if you get paid for it. If you're salary and don't get paid for it, then it is a time donation to the company. ;)

I donated 2.5 hours yesterday. :(
Don’t you just love when the expectation is donations from your side - but then have to attend training where they mention going to get a drink of water and speaking to a co-worker about non-work related issues is ”time stealing”

Don’t you just love when the expectation is donations from your side - but then have to attend training where they mention going to get a drink of water and speaking to a co-worker about non-work related issues is ”time stealing”
Yeah, I must have been to that same training. 🤣

Although in all honesty, I can't (or at least shouldn't) complain about that part of my job (other parts, absolutely) but not that part. I actually "donate" very few hours and it is never an issue if I have to leave work for a Doctor appointment or step out to pick up my kid, etc. My boss also knows I do not abuse that good will and that I will stay to get the job done if needed. The hourly folks have it a little rougher, but my boss is very understanding and very good about PTO/vacations. He has many other faults, but is good with hours worked.

Yeah, I must have been to that same training. 🤣

Although in all honesty, I can't (or at least shouldn't) complain about that part of my job (other parts, absolutely) but not that part. I actually "donate" very few hours and it is never an issue if I have to leave work for a Doctor appointment or step out to pick up my kid, etc. My boss also knows I do not abuse that good will and that I will stay to get the job done if needed. The hourly folks have it a little rougher, but my boss is very understanding and very good about PTO/vacations. He has many other faults, but is good with hours worked.
I have to say I have it pretty good with my boss as well - some of the PMs I work with - not so much 😂

SOTD: 01/26/2022

1643194340369.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SR (Folding, Blue)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Apex Alchemy Shaving Cold One Puck
Aftershave: Apex Alchemy Shaving Cold One Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Pure XS EdT

Cola themed shave today - I think Apex Alchemy does a good job provided fun themed soaps - good base, great scents, and a fantastic presentation (I’m a sucker for a cool label). This soap is mentholated (synthetic) and without realizing it - I hit all my favs in this soap - cooling agent along with citrus and booze. Scent Notes: Cold soda fizzing on ice cubes, lime zest, lemon juice, caramel, nutmeg, ginger, cassia root and vanilla, rum.

PR Pure XS - whether it be a combo of the notes or just that is not listed- has a cola feeling - if not a cola note itself. Little bit of citrus and booziness in this one as well:
Top notes are Ginger, Thyme, Grapefruit, Bergamot and Green Accord; middle notes are Vanilla, Liquor, Cinnamon, Leather and Apple; base notes are Myrrh, Sugar, Cedar, Woody Notes, Cashmeran and Patchouli.

The Feather SR pulls from both the DX and SS to be somewhat of a middle range in the series.

Today I get to deal with the aftermath of an incident at Aidan’s school caused by his mother. Yay! Other than that - I should have my last meeting for my old job and finally transition to the new one today.

Have a fantastic day!

SOTD: 01/27/2022

1643284007782.jpeg

Razor: Ikon Shave Craft B1 Slant - Windrose R2 Hybrid
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux, 1st use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Butterscotch
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Nordost Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Nordost Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Jil Sander Sun Men EdT

This is a fantastic citrus scent - I needed something bright - but at the same time have a boldness about it. I think I will make a Frankensoap that has this and Stirling’s Smokey Grapefruit - that just might make a fantastic amalgamation. The fragrance is an unsung in the scent world - a German brand with a great orange note. At first I was going to use a Baldessarini fragrance- because the scent wise - would probably bring more depth - but Sun is definitely is more uplifting.

Have a great day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back