The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
1642904528203.jpeg

Razor: Ikon Shave Craft OSS B1 - Windrose K2 Hybrid
Blade: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Strangelet, 1st use
Brush: Boti Classic Stable Wood & Orange Resin
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: HAGS Conclusion Puck
Aftershave: Clubman Reserve Sweet Rum Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Emporio Armani Stronger With You Freeze EdT

This shave brought to you by @NurseDave and NASA.

HAGS (stand for Have a Great Shave) is a vegan soap from Greece - this one is based on Emporio Armani Stronger with You. They nailed it! Fantastic shave today. I donā€™t have the original but I have the flanker - basically same primary notes but Freeze has an added Lime note (because - Citrus)! It has a great chestnut undertone - if you like MM Replica By The Fire, Azzaro Wanted, or Paco Rabanne 1 Million - this frag would probably also appeal to you.

I threw in the Clubman Sweet Rum because who doesnā€™t some booziness when your shaving on Mars?

SOTD: 01/24/2022

1643025026730.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 4th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Starcraft
Soap: Noble Otter Hamami Puck
Aftershave: Uncle Jonā€™s Prohibition Aftershave
Additional Care: Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme EdT

Hodgepodge of gear to make up a great shave. Nice tobacco scents one and all. Prohibition has a tinge of booziness. Love the Vector!

Today should be the first day for fully being on the new project, but just the way yesterday went working on the CIO presentation - I have a feeling that it wonā€™t be the case - but hey - thatā€™s part of the job. Iā€™m lucky to have a very good boss from both projects. A little not pleased with the PM on the old - but with the two good bosses - it is more than a wash - everyone gets their hands dirty.

Aidan and I built a conveyor belt together yesterday - between my meetings - good time was had - love STEAM projects! I have a surprise for my other son - this week he is getting some pretty good headphones - so Iā€™m excited about that! Heā€™s been working some long hours after school and weekend - I wanted him to enjoy some spoils.

Have a great day everyone!

It's good to see some Uncle Jon's stuff, I don't see it very often. A few years ago when I was in OC MD, I stopped into his shop (it's one town over) and chatted with him for a while. He seemed like a real decent guy in person.

It's good to see some Uncle Jon's stuff, I don't see it very often. A few years ago when I was in OC MD, I stopped into his shop (it's one town over) and chatted with him for a while. He seemed like a real decent guy in person.
Does he look anything like the labels?

There is this guy on YT named Glen Helley that touts his stuff from time to time - I have the one AS - but his others really intrigue me as well

Does he look anything like the labels?

There is this guy on YT named Glen Helley that touts his stuff from time to time - I have the one AS - but his others really intrigue me as well
Yes, he looks a lot like the label, just with more grey now. It has been a few years sense I have had any of his stuff. As I remember it his soap was a good performer and had a very nice scent (last one I had was Lime), but it was not a top tier soap. I don't know if his base has changed in the last few years or not though. He has a bunch of soap making videos on YouTube that are interesting.

1643031741196.png 1643031766066.png

Last edited:
Yes, he looks a lot like the label, just with more grey now. It has been a few years sense I have had any of his stuff. As I remember it his soap was a good performer and had a very nice scent (last one I had was Lime), but it was not a top tier soap. I don't know if his base has changed in the last few years or not though. He has a bunch of soap making videos on YouTube that are interesting.

View attachment 73977 View attachment 73978
Iā€™ll have to check out his website - Iā€™m wondering how a guy with a full beard like that got into shaving soaps - I can see beard oils - unless he shaves his neck

Not sure, I think he started out making bath and body soaps first. If I remember correctly I think he also makes a laundry soap.

SOTD: 01/25/2022

1643101307163.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Blue Star GEM Super, 1st use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Neon
Soap: HAGS Aftermath Puck
Aftershave: Oleo Soapworks Grand & Union Aftershave
Additional Care: Prada Amber Pour Homme EdP

Another eclectic mix of gear that somehow compliment each other. Again, thanks to @NurseDave for the soap! This soap is an homage to Amouage Interlude Man. I have only smelled Reflection Man - not Interlude and I am truly have a tough time describing it - other than it is a robust woody scent. I went on fragrantica - and there arenā€™t any ā€œthis fragrance reminds me ofā€ that Iā€™ve tried either lol - it is unlike any Iā€™ve tried. It has an oregano note - sounds weird - but it really works in this instance. Good stuff. This is a vegan base - just like the other and I can say - Wow! It performs - it is not only up there with Southern Witchcraft and Zingari Man - but also with the tallows- it was extremely easy to lather as well.

The AS has one of the most realistic whiskey notes out there of all my boozy AS scents - really compliments the soap. The frag is a wild card - I like Amber Pour Homme even better than Lā€™Homme. This EdP version is even deeper - nice frag for the winter, though you can pull it off during cooler fall and spring as well.

Aidan has music therapy today and weā€™re going to Urban Air in the evening. Work is interesting - had my first outage on the new network last night. Nothing like coordinating off hours support!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back