The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could have been worse I guess…could have been man-poo. 😜
I stepped in that once- at a DC Metro station - in a brand new set of dress shoes - back in the days when I had to wear a suit……….Luckily I had a pair of sneakers in my bag - I said not worth it - just threw away the shoes right there and then…..

Hey - here’s something that turned my frown upside down! - I see that my non-shaving purchased TSC Shaving Tshirts are in my hometown UPS - should get them today (weather dependent) or tomorrow.
Guys, since Brian's day started out literally cra**, should we let SHAVING cadre shirts slide as a non-shaving purchase?

SOTD: 01/19/2022

1642602481292.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: Chisel And Hound 3056RC IPA Manchurian Badger
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Central Texas Soaps Summer Brew Puck
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Hoptoberfest Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Mugler A*Men Pure Malt

Brian - you drinking at work? Nope boss - that’s just my shave soap, aftershave, and/or cologne.

Nothing says upscale & class like a shaving brush with its own coaster!

So there! Nice little pick me up shave - because I feel like drinking at work today lol - here’s how my week has started.
Project Manager: Customer says that your draft plan is good - but wants us to consider using Y tool instead of X Tool.
Brian: Is Y Tool a requirement or a suggestion?
PM: They said suggestion.
Brian: No worries - we’ve already bought X tool - and since our team knows how to use it, we’ll keep it and built Y tool at the end of the deployment (because we know our customer). That way we have the function of X Tool and we get to migrate our data and test without delaying the project and then the Customer gets Y tool at the end (and we have time to train our people before we go live).

Fast forward to project plan is finalized along with costs and schedule……
2 Hours before brief….

PM: The customer says that Y tool that was a suggestion is not really a suggestion - they need it.
Brian: Did they say requirement?
PM: No they said it was a very strong suggestion.
Brian: Ok, if we deploy it now - we will have a 3 week delay to go through the procurement, design, and implementation…….
PM: The customer doesn’t want to delay the project but wants the Y tool before you are allowed to migrate data.

Have a great day!

PM: It's okay. I'll take care of it and work up a project charter modification proposal for them. We'll add 3 weeks and $120k to the cost for the alteration, with a $10k charge for the proposal alteration draft even if they decline.

BTW The brush handle fits the boozy theme, as it looks like a beer with a head.

SOTD: 01/20/2022

1642704334401.jpeg

Razor: Ikon Shave Craft B1 Slant - Windrose F1 Hybrid
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 5th use
Brush: Boti Brush Purple & Green Stable Wood
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Wholly Kaw Double Agent Puck
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Double Agent Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EDT

Tacking on from yesterday:

”AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!”