The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 01/17/2022

1642425430058.jpeg

Razor: REX Supply Company Ambassador
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue, 1st use
Brush: DS Cosmetic T4 Resin
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Albion Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix & Beau Albion Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm

I needed another Tea scent shave to try to put me in a place of Zen - because I’m teetering back and forth. First - the shave - awesome as anticipated - really love this soap and I’m glad the artisan decided to make a splash (originally all they had was a balm). Just an overall nice scent.

Now what’s triggering me. Yesterday we were hit with a snow storm (like half the country) - nothing out of the ordinary few inches of snow- followed by sleeting rain - so sidewalks and roads are really slick (we’re just South enough that no one knows how to handle anything other than sunny days). No biggie - I shoveled several times so this morning all I would have to do is put some salt on the walkway and around my car.

So here it comes…….I get that people’s pets are part of their families. But if one of my kids dropped trou and took a dump on someone else’s property - I’d be expected to rectify it. Come to think about it - in the 21 almost 22 years I’ve been a father - I’ve had my kids misbehave in public before - but you know what - not once did they take a dump on property that was not theirs. What makes this especially annoying is that this was obviously done this morning - after the storm - not that I give any leeway if it happened during the storm - rain, sleet, snow - you took on a pet - your responsibility.

This person’s family member was “extra” giving in that they pooped right on the path to the car - so the only way to avoid it is to trudge through the snow. So, I will take my shovel - move it to the side and save it for this person - so that they can do the right thing - and also because the law precludes me from smacking them in the nose with a newspaper or rubbing their nose in it.

Ok, off the soap box - back to tea driven Zen.

Have a fantastic day my friends!

SOTD: 01/16/2022

View attachment 73371

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Intrepid Man Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Intrepid Man Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Mont Blanc Individuel EdT

Well @NurseDave - you were looking for woody scents - this is one of the more famous. Stirling’s Intrepid Man is based off Creed Original Santal - which ironically - isn’t the original - it was taken from Mont Blanc Individuel (though Creed would deny it, most frag heads would say they are almost identical). The Fragrance Apprentice does a great vid on houses borrowing from each other and some of the shenanigans that the houses do together - he presents it in a very amusing, attention capturing way.

Either way - both Original Santal and Individuel are fantastic IMO. And hey, if the rumors are true - then it must be good if a huge house like Creed gets in on the action. And if you like it - then hop on it quickly because Mont Blanc’s version is less than $30!

Today we’re going to do our Sunday trip to Urban Air - and then we have a couple of STEAM projects in mind- I think we’ll do the baking bread one - hey - learn and good food! And who doesn’t love warm bread on a cold day!

Have a fantastic Sunday! @Graybeard57 - Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow! We need the 7th Heaven Ring! My son Jack is stoked!

Oh, after I posted my Impractical Practical list - I came about this- and the company has a big historical significance for the US and Ohio in particular! It’s called the Engineer II Green Berets. So I need to get saving!

View attachment 73372
...or this one, Hamilton was originally from Lancaster PA. Both companies are now Swiss owned/manufactured.
1642427185955.png

...or this one, Hamilton was originally from Lancaster PA. Both companies are now Swiss owned/manufactured.
View attachment 73472
I love that Hamilton! I also have a Hamilton Khaki Field watch on my list as well. It’s amazing how conglomerates have just bought out almost everything - I was surprised to see how much Swatch owned (I remember being a kid when Swatch came out - now they own 1/3 of the watch world!

Psst. The snow will hide bodies for several months up here. ;)
RsGf2heFj0f79ErX-cHiWqbMysM=.gif

I love that Hamilton! I also have a Hamilton Khaki Field watch on my list as well. It’s amazing how conglomerates have just bought out almost everything - I was surprised to see how much Swatch owned (I remember being a kid when Swatch came out - now they own 1/3 of the watch world!
I had those same thoughts when I recently started looking into different watch brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back