The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 01/15/2022

1642257094205.jpeg

Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 3rd use
Brush: TonmiKo Curly Birch Badger
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles Eau de Thé Croap
Aftershave: Catie’s Bubbles Eau de Thé Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm

It’s not Canada Cold today - but there is a briskness in the air - so it’s a Tea day This one has a nice sprig of Citrus and Ginger to round it out - fantastic scent!

Going to see if I can get the fam down to the Autobahn today - nothing like indoor race car driving to dispel a cold front. My Southern brethren in DC in VA are preparing for more snow - right now it’s looking like it’ll miss us and we’ll get some cold rain.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Quite the marketable name for a soap…Hags. 🤔
Apparently it‘s a Greek soap artisan - stands for Have a Great Shave - cool label. But I must be strong again - I promised that the next and hopefully only soaps I’ll be picking up are the next two CBL Princess Bride series soaps.

Plus I think there is another hobby I want to start - and the good thing is that the things I like in that one are so expensive that I can’t impulse buy.

Plus I think there is another hobby I want to start - and the good thing is that the things I like in that one are so expensive that I can’t impulse buy.
This is something my wife has begun noticing…I don’t buy a lot of little stuff…I buy a few expensive things 😂

This is my problem too. The bikes I am looking at buying are much more than the wife thinks I should spend.

When you speak of bikes my friend- do you mean the pedal kind or the vroom vroom type? Because either can get hefty on the price tag Side!

Pedal. Getting the kids training for their triathlons has renewed my love of cycling. I'm looking at our local co-op for a good used one, but it will still be a good chunk of change.
We have a lot of those e-bike hybrid types zooming around here…mighty tempting I tell you! But that price tag…😵

We have a lot of those e-bike hybrid types zooming around here…mighty tempting I tell you! But that price tag…😵
You might want to look into government incentives. I forget exactly how much it is, but my gut says it is like 30% up to about a $4000 bike.

Pedal. Getting the kids training for their triathlons has renewed my love of cycling. I'm looking at our local co-op for a good used one, but it will still be a good chunk of change.
They are definitely not inexpensive - but from a practicality perspective - with keeping up with maintenance they’ll last a very long time and you get the added benefit of staying in shape along with participating with your kids!

SOTD: 01/16/2022

1642341766035.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phantom Aerolite
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Intrepid Man Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Intrepid Man Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Mont Blanc Individuel EdT

Well @NurseDave - you were looking for woody scents - this is one of the more famous. Stirling’s Intrepid Man is based off Creed Original Santal - which ironically - isn’t the original - it was taken from Mont Blanc Individuel (though Creed would deny it, most frag heads would say they are almost identical). The Fragrance Apprentice does a great vid on houses borrowing from each other and some of the shenanigans that the houses do together - he presents it in a very amusing, attention capturing way.

Either way - both Original Santal and Individuel are fantastic IMO. And hey, if the rumors are true - then it must be good if a huge house like Creed gets in on the action. And if you like it - then hop on it quickly because Mont Blanc’s version is less than $30!

Today we’re going to do our Sunday trip to Urban Air - and then we have a couple of STEAM projects in mind- I think we’ll do the baking bread one - hey - learn and good food! And who doesn’t love warm bread on a cold day!

Have a fantastic Sunday! @Graybeard57 - Black and Yellow, Black and Yellow! We need the 7th Heaven Ring! My son Jack is stoked!

Oh, after I posted my Impractical Practical list - I came about this- and the company has a big historical significance for the US and Ohio in particular! It’s called the Engineer II Green Berets. So I need to get saving!

1642342313497.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back