The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 12/29/2021

1640797955795.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Folding, Walnut)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 3rd use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Butterscotch
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations Apricot Pie Puck
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Gemütlichkeit Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm

Since I was paying tributes in my music listening today - here’s an homage to @NurseDave who is doing his coffee thing all week! So the soap is a collaboration between the South African artisan Master Soap Creations and Pasteur’s Pharmacy in NYC. They weren’t stingy on the soap - 6 ounces. While the title is accurate - you do get that pie feeling - there is a very prevalent coffee note in this one. Tethered with Chiseled Face Gemütlichkeit (gesundheit! - Here’s a tissue) Aftershave- you are engulfed in coffee notes!

Today is nothing but meetings about what was not accomplished because everyone is still on vacation and doing reports to the same. Yay!

I received additional photos from the artisan last night on the adjustable razor that is my goal - to further motivate me…

1640798540827.png

No shave today so far (I may do one tonight). My old boss asked me to come on board her new project as her deputy/solutions architect - which I am looking forward to. She’s a great boss - though I tell her I don’t like her - She’s originally from Bolivia and I remind her that they killed Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid (well maybe they didn’t - the movie ends with them still alive).

Here are the pics from the razor artisan from the email yesterday……we’re committed…..hoo boy! I know it’s 316 Stainless Steel - but I hope mine isn’t kept in the water all this time 😂

1640901087147.jpeg

1640901141037.jpeg

1640901116283.jpeg

That's a beauty of a razor!
Thank you my friend - I’m told it should come in at 137 grams which is almost 20 grams more than my Apollo

1640904844386.gif

Which is what I really dig. And to think they trimmed off 20 grams from the 2020 version…..

I haven’t decided yet on the wooden box you can get……that is true art - but I have to be realistic about costs.

No shave today so far (I may do one tonight). My old boss asked me to come on board her new project as her deputy/solutions architect - which I am looking forward to. She’s a great boss - though I tell her I don’t like her - She’s originally from Bolivia and I remind her that they killed Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid (well maybe they didn’t - the movie ends with them still alive).

Here are the pics from the razor artisan from the email yesterday……we’re committed…..hoo boy! I know it’s 316 Stainless Steel - but I hope mine isn’t kept in the water all this time 😂

View attachment 71776

View attachment 71779

View attachment 71778
Yup I’d break one of them No-Buy Pacts in a heartbeat.

Yup I’d break one of them No-Buy Pacts in a heartbeat.
I checked with @Luecke3262 - I’m in the good - money committed before end of the year - I had made a commitment to two artisans right before the pact. And to quote a great gentleman and scholar that led us all down the Tedalus path (that‘d be you @Bill M - It’s all your fault!) That’s my story and I’m sticking to it..😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1640905382768.gif

Last edited:
I haven't saved/collected razor boxes. I keep my razors in leather razor containers. Now, if my FB had come with a pristine original case, I would have kept it.
That’s what I do as well, I usually keep mine in ones like this…

1640905678468.png

Here is the box that is available …..

1640905758148.png

I consider the razor to be an heirloom piece - so that is why I am considering the box - but the price plus the cost of shipping it is above most razors out there. I have to ponder that…….

I consider the razor to be an heirloom piece - so that is why I am considering the box - but the price plus the cost of shipping it is above most razors out there. I have to ponder that……
It is a handsome box. Save money on the box and keep the razor perfect by getting another leather razor pouch, put it in the back of your sock drawer and forget about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back