The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 12/31/2021

1640971161742.gif

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 4th use
Brush: TonmiKo Curly Birch Badger
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Wholly Kaw Timmermann Red Label Puck
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Timmermann Red Label Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm

Happy New Year my friends! I hope next year is a new start and corrects what this dude of a year 2021 was!

I think back on this year, and though, like everyone else in the Cadre, there were struggles and low points, I am truly blessed - I love my kids and yes, I love my Cadre (Though I insist I am not a sensitive, ponytail man!).

For all the hobbies that are out there - we are really fortunate that ours brings us a little bit of something for everyone - and from the TSC perspective - all are welcome. For everything that is going on - what a wonderful oasis this is…..

Onto the shave - this is a collab between Wholly Kaw and Pasteurs - the second in the Timmermann Line. I do not own the original. This scent, brought from the annals of old Timmermann recipes - has a familiarity about it, though I can’t quite place it. It definitely holds its own in the cold weather - it is warming - and of course - has a BOOZY note in it (rum)! If I had chosen to wear a cologne today (and this AS is powerful so no real need)…….It would have paired well with my Rochas Moustache EdP (not to be confused with the EdT).

There you have it folks, Have a Happy New Year! I’m looking forward to the Zoom call!

SOTD: 01/02/2022

1641139469822.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM, 3rd use
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Universe
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Central Texas Soaps Cowboy Spice Puck
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Cassell-Massey Jockey Club EdT

First shave of the new year! The soap is a collab between Central Texas Soaps and Pasteur’s Pharmacy. It has a familiarity about it - a nice modern gentleman cologne style. Truly enjoyed this. Finished off with an AS that leans more old school and Jockey Club EdT - which was one of JFK’s go tos.

All in all, hoping we put 2021 far, far behind us. Minor glitch today - I think my dryer needs to be repaired (ironic - I just spent $400 repairing my new washer) - but if that is the worst of it - no worries. Plan on taking Aidan to Urban Air today. Then probably do a STEAM project. Yesterday we did chalkboard and glow in the dark slimes - pretty darn cool.

For my new position - I have to kick out 8 hours of training before Tuesday - so I’ll knock a couple of hours out today. Other than that - cancelled the trial of online live TV streaming service - after the month trial (which really didn’t take a full month) - was all I needed to know that there is truly nothing on and I made the right decision to cut the cord years ago. I think we’ve hit rock bottom in that the History Channel has gotten in on the reality TV gig - not really sure how Swamp People fit into my life (unless Dangerous Don plans to get a new gig 😂 - then I’ll watch that) - just like any of the Spoiled, Narcissistic, Rich Housewives of “Insert Name of City” shows 😂…….so I’m back on track to knock out the books on my Kindle.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Are you getting these Pasteur’s collabs directly from them?

Look at the rest of the week here, it’s horrid.
That looks like it is time to bundle up!!

Second day of a new year and you’re already behind?!
I’m a slacker lol

Are you getting these Pasteur’s collabs directly from them?
On the Pasteur’s website - they have a section for their collabs - they have two with Wholly Kaw - both Timmermann scents, one with Oleo, one with PAA, one with master soap creations, and one with Central Texas Soaps

That looks like it is time to bundle up!!

I’m a slacker lol

On the Pasteur’s website - they have a section for their collabs - they have two with Wholly Kaw - both Timmermann scents, one with Oleo, one with PAA, one with master soap creations, and one with Central Texas Soaps

...don't forget free shipping on all orders. Pasteur's is coming strong out of the gate in 2022. [emoji106]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back