The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muahaha [emoji1787]
giphy.gif

I feel like I’ve let everyone down 😂

But just for the record- I have several items that I purchased before midnight 01 Jan 2022 that are anticipated to be received prior to the end of the sabbatical! I know it isn’t going to be weekly - but we‘ll share the pain of the furlough together.

1641497388926.gif

SOTD: 01/06/2022

1641499439429.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Folding, Walnut)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Eau Sauvage EdT

So this is probably my favorite rotation and scent in shaving - ticks all the areas that are important. It is one of three Soap/AS combos that I have bought extra in case the Zombies take over and there is a stop on production. The others are WIckhams Club Cola and Maggards Limes & Bergamot. The only thing I don’t have is the Le Grande Chypre cologne - which knowing my luck - will come back in stock during my sabbatical and then be bought out on 31 Mar 2021. Dems da breaks - but Eau Sauvage is my absolute favorite cologne and it goes nicely with this.

On a note that slightly made me chuckle……..a few months back I invested in a crowd sourced site to fund two single edged razors (of which I had owned, but sold their predecessor to get a different razor)……so yesterday I get the notice to select the final options (basically color of the razors and ”opportunity” to buy their add-ons (which I did not do).. So I complete the process - and then I am afforded the convenience of ”sharing” a pre made message saying that I supported the kick-starter and thanks @insertshavingcompanyname here. I don’t belong to any social media sites/apps but TSC (and I really don‘t Count this as one) - so I have no way of sharing that message - BUT……shouldn’t the message read - thanks to me (and the others who gave money) - not the other way around? Maybe I misread the message but I just thought this was funny given that I know (1) this company has a major investor and (2) the crowd sourcing funds their production of their new line without have to raise the capital through investors……hmmm.

On a semi-good note - I was not able to sell my Apollo Razor for a price that I feel the value was at - and thought about it, discussed the situation with one of my best friends who is a collector of other items, convinced me to hold onto it - so I kept it. Yay!

I hope everyone had a fantastic day!

He’s gonna have a hard time covering anything when he has to sell the shirt off his back for the next razor 😂
There is always this one…

Three razors, in three price ranges - so anyone can get one…..

$199, $18,000, and drum roll please………$100,000 - for basically a cartridge razor. You’re welcome.

SOTD: 01/07/2022

1641601177435.jpeg

Razor: Smart-Helix Apollo
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 3rd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Rocket
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: 345 Soap Company General Patton Puck
Aftershave: 345 Soap Company General Patton Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EdT

Well - Day 7 of the year! Yay!

Not much to report - really easy scents to please all around for this shave. I went a little heavy on the EdT post shave - I love JPG Le Male - but I think my neighbors can smell me.

My areas got hit with it‘s second wave of snow (my town actually missed the first wave - so last night was our first real snow). I gambled - didn’t shovel and it looks like th sun melted the sidewalk and parking area - so tomorrow just have to clean up the car.

Been watching a bunch of watch collector vids on YouTube. Really appreciate the engineering and the art - but unfortunately I can afford but one hobby so this is it. But it is nice to look!

I hope everyone has a great start to their weekend!

I’m curious what the overall vibe you get from Le Male is. I get primarily a fresh, smooth, slightly off/synthetic vanilla like smell…very similar to Boucheron Jaipur but not as intense. I do like it though! What about you?

I’m curious what the overall vibe you get from Le Male is. I get primarily a fresh, smooth, slightly off/synthetic vanilla like smell…very similar to Boucheron Jaipur but not as intense. I do like it though! What about you?
I get a powdery lavender for me…….I do detect the synthetic notes you refer, but the overarching ”feel” I get are the lavender and the powder (man - if your wife doesn’t like DIor Homme - this one is super powder) 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back