The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas good buddy!

Hey what app do you use to make that snow effect, pretty sweet!
Merry Christmas my friend! the app is called Motionleap - it’s got some cool features to make you seem like a pro. Only downside is that they switched to a subscription based service…..but figured it was worth a shot for one year

giphy.gif

Merry Christmas my friend! the app is called Motionleap - it’s got some cool features to make you seem like a pro. Only downside is that they switched to a subscription based service…..but figured it was worth a shot for one year
Everything is going subscription now. I've got mixed thoughts on that. But understand why it's gone that way, I see a lot of people instantly say 'greed' but it's not that simple.
One thing that I don't like is just checking the app out, and seeing no clear pricing, which I guess you only see when you dl the app.

Anyway love the pic! Need to up my skillz :)

Good Stuff Brain, yes I said Brain, as the transparency of your Dome is Apparent, LOL j/k. I see Santa...err or someone brought you a new CT for Christmas.... All I can tell you it was one someone's Christmas list here on the Forum'

Merry Christmas Brother
I will ”wear” the new CT with pride! Merry Christmas brother - I hope today is truly magical!

1640445146486.gif

1640523828585.jpeg

SOTD: 12/26/2021

1640521865409.jpeg

Razor: Timeless Stork Hybrid
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 5th use
Brush: Colorado Razor Designs Light & Dark Wood
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: MacDuffs Soap Company Redeye to London Puck
Aftershave: Epsilon Scottish Spirit Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Mugler Pure Malt

This shave is dedicated to @NurseDave…….both he and eye enjoy a nice tea note. This MacDuff soap was made specifically for Stonefield Shaving Company (out of Candada). Unfortunately, I don’t see it on their site right now………so I don’t have all the notes - but it has a wonderful Earl Gray scent in it. But then I figured - ”What would Nurse Dave Do?” once in London. That’s right - Scotland is a hop, skip, and a jump away. The AS is similar to Clubman Whiskey Woods - and you can definitely tell that the boozy note is Scotch. Finishing off with Pure Malt - which is one of my favorite cold weather colognes.

Ironically, that is what I did back in 1997 - an all expense paid vacation funded by US Taxpayers. I just finished my tour in Bosnia - so my boss let me take my vacation in Europe rather than fly home first. So I chose Scotland and Ireland. I spent about an hour in London Heathrow - then off to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Oban, and the Highlands…..I insisted on getting Haggis (though the locals warned me - so I went to an upscale restaurant that specialized in Venison haggis. And I said why not, and got a nice dram of Scotch (which up until that point, I don’t remember having). So I partake of my haggis - which to the local’s credit they were correct - an acquired taste……I then try to clean the taste out of my mouth by downing the Scotch - which all I can say is:

1640524516990.gif

The smoke from the Peat plus the burn - it was like I shoved a hot coal in my mouth! Which left me wondering - “WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THIS TO THEMSELVES?!!” To use an Army term - I exfiltrated that restaurant, scouted the first pub I could find - and had many, many Guinness.

Also good to see that the rest of the world can take a day meant for purity and commercialize it as good as we can in America……So just like Black Friday - we are staying away from all the muckity muck and crowds.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

1640525203789.gif

1640525224324.gif

Last edited:
Just the label had me interested. Okay, here’s a task for you. Find an EdP or something that smells like Earl grey to use after these. I’ll probably add this soap to my list.

There are some foods I just have no desire to try. That’s one of them 😂

I see the Mugler collection popping up a lot in the inter webs, how do you like the one(s) you have?
From the Mugler side - this is the only one that I had. I had a SGS AS that was based off of Orange Zest that was nice……that A*Men was discontinued - and bottle were going upwards of $300- which I guess if you are a collector it would be ok for that price - but if I paid that much - I’d want to use it as much as possible. It was nice though - coffee and orange juice is how I would describe that one.

I have my eye on Mugler Cologne - which is a soapy scent - but it tends to be on the pricier side - so I’m waiting until I can find a deal. Two others I have heard great things on are A*Men Pure Tonka and Havana. Those would be a diversion from my typical citrus, boozy, or fougeres - but they have piqued my interest.

Just the label had me interested. Okay, here’s a task for you. Find an EdP or something that smells like Earl grey to use after these. I’ll probably add this soap to my list.
OK, @NurseDave

Sung to Gloria Gaynor’s I Will Survive…….

At first I was afraid, I was petrified
Kept thinking I could never find the scent to make you satisfied
But then I spent so many nights thinking I smell great
But I won’t deviate……

So on my first attempt - I found this and I thought “Can it be this easy? Am I the Fragrance King on top of being the best Bingo King this land has ever seen?”

1640545541088.jpeg

And then the price - the price - this was a steal!!! Why weren’t the influencers of YouTube Perfumerie raving about this obvious hidden gem.…….

Then I read the review of the one person that actually took the time to describe it.

1640544682154.jpeg

Bless you Matthew…….You saved us from certain Stink-A-Tude!!!!!!

I continued my quest and came about this…….

1640544806270.png

And the notes, the notes my friend! They beckon us!

1640544857818.png

But this comes from a lab…..and while we are both from the scientific community - I’d be really ticked if you used this and you lost all your hair - giving you the super power of a perfectly spherical head - which until now - only I possess….. So could we end our quest so soon - I say NAY!!!!!

1640544937068.gif

For the name of this Fragrance insults our intelligence - we don’t have to be told that it is Earl Gray…….and besides - my medical friend from the West Coast has been known not to sleep a lot and partakes of the EtOH from Scotland, he might confuse this with actual Earl Gray tea…..so we continue…….

And here we come to the end of the journey……..An Artisan that I have used and love their Batucada (you got it - citrus AND booze). But that is for me……This one is for you - Earl Gray and smokey notes!

1640545170948.jpeg

Tea for Two! And you can share it with your wife - says right there in the Title - for Two - a sure crowd pleaser! And thus I have conquered my quest - a king dethroned but sure to return to glory…….

P.S. Barrister and Mann Cheshire is a fantastic Earl Gray - and if they ever go back to making frags of their normal staple scents - snatch it up!

Last edited:
OK, I found a razor that I need to put on my Dream Sheet……

1640573001963.png

The Rocnel 2020 Sailor Adjustable

1640573033616.jpeg

And no…..even though it is available right now on the Rocnel site (though ironically the 2021 series is sold out) - I like this version the best of the past three years……even for my RAD - I have restraint…

Now if for some reason I find myself with $680 to spare (The wood box is $30 extra) - I might get this…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back