The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ewww car shopping. Great result…laborious process 🙄

Does he have an idea of what he wants?

Ewww car shopping. Great result…laborious process 🙄

Does he have an idea of what he wants?
He is looking at a Volkswagen Passat at CarMax; He hasn’t fully decided yet - I told him to take a look at brands that have reputations for lasting a long time and lower maintenance costs. We shall see. The good thing is that nowadays you can do most of the headach part on line or even via a phone app

He is looking at a Volkswagen Passat at CarMax; He hasn’t fully decided yet - I told him to take a look at brands that have reputations for lasting a long time and lower maintenance costs. We shall see. The good thing is that nowadays you can do most of the headach part on line or even via a phone app
German engineering … good stuff.

I’m glad he is looking a reasonable first cars - he really wants a Jeep…but he knows that it isn’t practical right now
Jeeps are great! Or at least mine was for a first car. It’s the adventurism one is tempted to that needs to be curbed lol. If you can’t afford to fix from off roading, don’t go off roading. Fun ride otherwise!

Jeeps are great! Or at least mine was for a first car. It’s the adventurism one is tempted to that needs to be curbed lol. If you can’t afford to fix from off roading, don’t go off roading. Fun ride otherwise!
Agreed - I had a Jeep Sahara - and he’s has seen pics - I told him it was great - but I was an Army Captain at the time making $50k a year with no other expenses - and things like back then in ‘97 my tires were $100 a pop - I told him now they‘re probably double that- get past college or trade school and we’ll talk about Jeep’s then 😁

SOTD: 12/19/2021

1639914606595.gif

Razor: Rod George Ikon B1 OSS Hybrid Razor Of Badassery
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 3rd use
Brush: Teton Shaves Barbershop De Los Muertos Blanco
Bowl: Otartu Viking Skull Mug
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos 3 Puck
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Barbershop De Los Muertos 3 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Guerlain Homme Intense EdP

This my favorite of all the BDLM’s - if Murphy & McNeil are truly ending the series at a trilogy - then they finished with a true banger! I thought the other two were great - and this takes it up several notches. This is right up my wheelhouse if I didn’t make that clear 😂😂- start with tart citrus, add a smidge of mint, then bring it home with a whole lotta booze - it has two notes - a mojito and some rum. Oh, it has a smattering of woods so you’re a respectable gentleman who had a few at the country club rather than Barney Gumble who just downed a box of wine. Think Don Draper, Karen Walker, or Lucille Bluth vice Al or Norm Peterson from Cheers, or Any of the Gang from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I don’t know why Guerlain discontinued this frag - though I was able to track down a bottle on eBay for a decent price. The Guerlain Homme has a similar scent profile - just removing the rum scent.

Today we’re going to dodge last minute shoppers while we go to Urban Air and then Aidan gets a haircut. Probably do some Jenga as well - Aidan‘s new favorite game. Jack hasn’t decided on a car yet. My college roommates and I are going to have a Zoom earlier today to reminisce our roommate that died earlier last month. Normally I would be sad but the sting of him being gone is fading and there are so many great stories that I’m looking forward to rehashing. Many of them having to do with his displeasure of wearing clothes while he did mundane things like direct traffic on a busy street in Philly wearing only a towel on his head and the like. Or just fun stuff like our time on the crew (rowing) team and laughing at the number of girlfriends he had that were named Meghan. Hard to believe he was one of the most popular high school principals in Philly. There should be a tv show called “That guy‘s a (fill in occupation here)…. 😆

Looking forward to the Zoom call with our gang! Have a great Sunday ever!

Last edited:
My heart is saddened by the loss of your friend. But happy and fond memories are how we should remember those we love. Hope your call goes well.

My heart is saddened by the loss of your friend. But happy and fond memories are how we should remember those we love. Hope your call goes well.
Thank you my friend - he was a great man and father and he touched so many lives - I think the best part was his sense of humor - he’d be the first to appreciate that we’re going to have many a laugh today at his expense 😂

SOTD: 12/20/2021

1640013817909.jpeg

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 4th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Star Wisp
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Zingari Man The Gent Puck
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Gent Aftershave
Additional Care: Zingari Man The Gent Extrait

Modern barbershop scent throughout the shave. Had to smell professional for my video teleconference with the client later today 😂

Did you know that at one time…pink was associated with masculinity? As my formative high school years were in the 80’s - totally agree and so do Crockett & Tubbs - so don’t mess with us!

1640014169092.png
1640014260578.jpeg

SOTD: 12/21/2021

1640090896548.gif

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 4th use
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Starlight
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Wet The Face Silent Night Croap
Aftershave: Oleo Soapworks Classic Clean Aftershave
Additional Care: Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male EdT

Well there is very little chance of snow in my neck of the woods…………

1640090999309.gif

I still am holding out hope 😂. The soap scent is hard to describe but I can say when you smell it - it reminds you of this time of year - the rich sweetness of dried fruits and honey, a dab of vanilla, and some jasmine and musk to boot. The aftershave definitely fits its title - a real traditional clean scent - like a cross between Rive Gauche and Cella. You’d never would have guessed from the scent notes - tobacco, caramel, mandarin, honey, and rose. There is nothing gourmand about this - it is a very nice ”traditional“ clean scent.

Aidan’s music recital with his other fellow music therapy folks went swimmingly well! Really loved getting to gather and watching everyone sing. Aidan love the limelight 😂

have a great day my friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back