The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad Aiden’s performance went well!

Fun scent combo today! Hope it’s a good day for ya Brian!

SOTD: 12/22/2021

1640182202878.gif

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Wholly Kaw Double Agent Puck
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Double Agent Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EdT

Because nothing says Christmas like the Joker 😆 That is all.

1640182419222.jpeg

No shave today…….

Today did all the grocery shopping at Costco and Giant so I didn’t have to deal with the last minute rush tomorrow. It felt good to be at a leisurely pace and not have to go into work today!

On a small high note…about a decade ago, Häagen-Daz had this ice cream that was special release called Hawaiian Lehua Honey and Sweet Cream. It was the best ice cream that I had ever tasted (outside of when I was a kid - Lewisburg, PA Dock View Dairy Teaberry Ice Cream. Now my father would argue that DVD Brown Cow milk shake was the best - Chocolate Milk Shake Float with Chocolate Ice Cream and Hot Fudge topping - but I did not inherit my family caocao gene). Of course, probably because I liked it so much, HD discontinued it.

1640296922081.jpeg

Fast forward to now….and this company called Van Leeuwen has released Honey Comb which is very close to what I remember the HD ice cream - is this the sign that 2022 will be better?

1640297022245.jpeg

Ok, a few short notes to wrap up the week……

@NurseDave I commit to converting you to boozy scent notes (I don’t think I have a chance on the citrus).

@dangerousdon Danger Baby needs her own sitcom! She was born to be a star.

@GearNoir and @HMan - let’s face it - we’re the best smelling folks on this site!

@woodpusher You make me proud that I have some Canadian blood running in my veins!

@Fenster You and @NurseDave need to start a rock band - The New ZZ Top - first Song - “She’s Got Legs - and she knows how to shave them.” Or “Every Girl’s Crazy about a Sharp DE”

@Graybeard57 - Our Steelers shall return to the days of Glory.

@Fightingillini22 - May you never experience the pain of a child that loves the Yankees.

@MilkCrate I’m jealous of your old timey aftershaves - those bottles are the bomb!

@Luecke3262 - After the holidays - you and I need to check ourselves into a 12 Step Program……

@MarkB I promise Army shall sing last next year - I figured it must have been the shaving soaps I used the day before…..

And finally @Bill M - Don’t sweat being the Tedalus Emeritus…..for I know the pain of being dethroned………

1640297571124.gif

A Bingo King……and we both shall return to our Days of Glory!

SOTD: 12/24/2021

1640327985454.gif

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 2nd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: Noble Otter The Night Before Puck
Aftershave: Noble Otter The Night Before Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Stirling Soap Christmas Eve EdT

Figured I was up watching Die Hard - a classic Christmas movie - so why not shave while I’m at it.

Game plan for today - more Christmas favorites - Die Hard 2, Scrooge’s, and my favorite, A Family Man (yay Tea Leoni)!

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas!

SOTD: 12/25/2021

1640426953705.gif

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari Rough Complex
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Soap: First Line Shave A Christmas Shave Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Arcadia Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Hermès Terre D’Hermès Parfum

1640427316115.gif

I hope today brings everyone and your families joy, health, and happiness (and harmony)! Since Thanksgiving is my big holiday - I won’t get the kids until later which means a later opening of my Reindeer Buddy’s gift - which I am super excited - because whoever he is also included my kids. My two youngest are scheduled to work this afternoon - so Aidan and I may just open ourselves!

Today’s shave is an homage to Terre D’Hermes - one of my favorites - but one I have to use sparingly because of the vetiver. Love the note - but sometimes gives me a headache in large doses.

Here’s to all of you - Merry Christmas!

And just because I find Community hilarious:

1640427242498.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back