The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord! All you guys talking about still working from home. We stopped working from home last January. And before that it was 50/50 home/work for a few months. With my job right now and the confidentiality policies we have in place, it would be really hard to do 100% home. A 50/50 schedule works really well though. But our COVID cases are pretty low right now. Our hospital, ventilator, and death numbers are super low. The winter time here drives people outdoors with nicer weather where they are breathing fresh air. Makes a big difference.

SOTD: 12/17/2021

1639765552235.gif

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Folding, Walnut)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Neon
Bowl: Walmart Floral Bowl
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Space Nog Puck
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Gemütlichkeit Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm

I, for some reason, have always associated egg nog with New Years - but somehow I’ve acquired some other soaps recently that I want to do before the end of the year so I’m going early. The soap does have that egg nog scent. But the real star of the show is the Chiseled Face Gemütlichkeit Aftershave. It is a powerful, yet warm cup of specialty coffee on a cold winter’s day…………

1639765912554.gif

Now if only they added some rum…..

Have a great start to your weekend!

SOTD: 12/18/2021

1639846583414.gif

Razor: Timeless Stork Hybrid
Blade: Willy’s Premium, 1st use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Butterscotch
Bowl: Otartu Viking Skull Mug
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch Orange Puck
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch Orange Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch Orange Solid Cologne

Well I must say - this soap & AS are bangers! I like the original Creed Viking EdP, the cologne is a complete right turn from it - I think spicier. I am very fortunate that the Bingo PIF from @NurseDave had a sample of this. I also got the M&M solid cologne version so I smell superb!

Just a chill Saturday - Jack is shopping for car - so when he finds one - we’ll get that squared away…he’s been saving for quite some time.

Aidan and I have the new Kiwi Co line - which is focused on cooking - so we have some bread in our future!

Have a great Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back