The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, if the Marine Corps had their own academy, then they would only need one player on offense and one on defense and maybe a towel boy or something for special teams or something. Because you know...Marines Dominate.
Here is the Marine football player - notice that his football equipment is comprised of Army hs]and me downs like everything else 😂

1639172877260.gif

SOTD: 12/10/2021

View attachment 69586
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 4th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Starcraft
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company John Paul Jones Puck
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Navigator Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Givenchy Gentleman Cologne

I’ve thrown down the gauntlet in the College Football 2021 thread.
Post in thread 'College football 2021'
College football 2021

So I will pay tribute to the team who I believe shall not be victorious tomorrow. Since my deck swabbing brothers are more refined than we ground pounders - I chose scents to express just that. The Jean Paul Jones is a wonderfully uptown girl, sorry - I mean upscale scent….Scent Notes: Bay Rum, Teakwood, Cedar, Bergamot, Patchouli. The bay rum is not overpowering is is a great blend with the woody notes.

The cologne is high society as well….present, commanding attention, but speaking softly as you eat your gelato sorbet at the end of your 7 course meal. No MREs here - those are reserved for the tough guys (whose name is spelled A-R-M-Y) who are engaged in battle as you (the Navy)waltz over to the lounge where footman help you put on your smoking jacket.

Top notes are Bergamot, Lemon and Petitgrain; middle notes are iris, Vetiver and Rosemary; base notes are Ambroxan and Musk.

I end this eloquent experience with a mighty YAWLP! ‘GO ARMY, beat Navy!’

The proper response today is Go Army!

Wait until tomorrow’s shave - it is dedicated to the Army football ream! Beat Navy!

As the son of a Navy vet, I’m sorry…Army must NOT be defeated.
FTFY Gear

army-strong-for-htc-droid-incredible-hellaphone_99650.jpg

SOTD: 12/11/2021

1639240254869.gif

Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 2nd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino
Bowl: US Army Medical Corps Bowl
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Ginger’s Garden Camo Stick
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Camo Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Ginger’s Garden Camo EdC

Well……………with all the smack postings - Army better pull it off 😂.

This shave soap is a bespoke scent that I had Ginger’s Garden creat specially for this annual event. It is a mint julep - so it has a nice whiskey note in it - plus I had her put a space of green tea as well. I couldn’t get the citrus note for this one - I’ll make it up by having some lime juice on my bbq goat.

I look forward to this game every year specifically for the camaraderie - I love it that bost teams leave it on the field and then after the game - everyone’s back to family again. I love the singing of the school songs after the game - one of the best traditions in sports.

The tradition that my Army friends do for today is we buy funny morale patches for our boonie hats and jackets. Most I can’t post here but it is all in good fun.

So here’s rooting that Army sings second today and

GO ARMY BEAT NAVY!

I’m going through my 5 Stages of Sports fan grief…

View attachment 69792

1. My Flyers stink on ice.

1639275118924.gif

2. The Steelers don‘t seem to understand that you have a much better chance of winning if you don‘t have to stage a 4th quarter comeback being behind by over 20 points.

1639275091613.gif

3. Penn State is 7-5…….7-5??!$#%&. The reward for such a mediocre record - The Outback Bowl vs Arkansas. I’m only watching that if Stirling Soap sponsors the game.

1639275064227.gif
4. Our Bingo Wizard @GearNoir has it out for everyone- he deserves to be red carded.

1639275002144.gif

5. You would think that the sports powers wo give me this - let the other team suck or blow it? I mean is 1/2 a yard too much to ask?

1639274966846.gif

I mean….

1639274936327.gif

Last edited:
1639274936327.gif
Because you tie emotional responses to a group of people from all over the country brought together to play for a team in a place they likely didn’t even grow up near which you have no relationship to other than geographic proximity to their stadium?

No shave today - just gonna chill out.

I’m at the acceptance stage of my sports grief 😂 In all seriousness, I thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday - the history, the pageantry, the full on effort by both teams, and then at the end both teams participating together to sing their alma maters - there really isn’t anything like it! I appreciate @MarkB @Graybeard57 @dangerousdon @GearNoir tolerating my ribbing and smack talk posts - and for being good sports about it. Then I had to do my traditional call to my college roommate’s father, a retired Navy Captain, who reminded me that the Navy is running away with the series 😂 I promised him next year the Army will sing last!

Have a great Sunday my friends!

No shave today - just gonna chill out.

I’m at the acceptance stage of my sports grief 😂 In all seriousness, I thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday - the history, the pageantry, the full on effort by both teams, and then at the end both teams participating together to sing their alma maters - there really isn’t anything like it! I appreciate @MarkB @Graybeard57 @dangerousdon @GearNoir tolerating my ribbing and smack talk posts - and for being good sports about it. Then I had to do my traditional call to my college roommate’s father, a retired Navy Captain, who reminded me that the Navy is running away with the series 😂 I promised him next year the Army will sing last!

Have a great Sunday my friends!
It was a pretty good game.. Army still has won 4 of the last 6 games. I like the way the players were with one another though. Even though they were playing Against each other there was still the camaraderie , when the Army QB threw the ball and 2 of the Navy players didn't stop in time and collided with the QB the 2 Navy players helped the Army QB up and made sure he was okay... That's not something you normally see with regular football teams..

a retired Navy Captain, who reminded me that the Navy is running away with the series 😂 I promised him next year the Army will sing last!
Yeah, but you guys had won 5 in a row! With Navy coming in at 3-8, and Army 8-3, I wondered if we had a chance. Well, the A-N game is different, and just brings out the best in everyone. It was a close, hard-fought game.

Yeah, but you guys had won 5 in a row! With Navy coming in at 3-8, and Army 8-3, I wondered if we had a chance. Well, the A-N game is different, and just brings out the best in everyone. It was a close, hard-fought game.
It was a hard fought game and I think what makes it so perfect is that records don‘t matter - the game is the only one that counts

SOTD: 12/13/2021

1639428109159.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum, 1st use
Brush: Colorado Razor Designs Light & Dark Wood
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Stirling Soap Smokey Grapefruit Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Smokey Grapefruit Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man The Healers Balm
Additional Care: Chanel Bleu de Chanel EdT

As Jeremy Fragrance would say - it’s all about the grapefruit! Yum Yum! Stirling knocked out of the park on this one! Really enjoy the scent - the Smokey aspects are my “dip the toe in the water” for deeper scent notes as most of my favs are bright or get you drunk 😂!

Bleu de Chanel is my 3rd favorite frag - right behind Jazz Club and Eau Sauvage. Speaking of Sauvage - am I weird for not liking the modern Sauvage? I own it but i’m meh about it. I also have Prada Luna Rosa Carbon which is basically Sauvage with Lavender to tone it down - which I like better but still slightly better than meh. Then again, I often will find the things that I like and then return to aren’t necessarily my favorites and vice versa, I can dislike or not be excited about a frag, and then find out later that my second take I really like something.

From a personal perspective, my only drama has been that my washing machine needs to be serviced. Of course it happened mid cycle so I have a bunch of clothes that need to get a laundromat. But if that’s the worst of it, consider me blessed.

I hope everyone had a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back