The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 12/07/2021

1638875338853.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Goblin
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company Libertas Puck
Aftershave: Historic Brands Italian Soda Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Unlimited EdT

The soap is an homage to Abercrombie & Fitch Woods - which, you got it, is a a woody aromatic. It is a nice, pleasant scent - learning towards shower gel-ish. What I found shocking though - is that because the fragrance is discontinued- the high market for this. ”Vintage” bottles are going for almost $300.

The aftershave has a nice twist - it Indeed, at it’s opening, has that effervescent kick that you’d get when you drink a true Italian soda down at the Italian Market in Philly - vanilla and caramel notes take over. If that wasn‘t just a happy experience enough - there is a “manly” twist with a splash of tobacco. Like the AS I used yesterday, this AS is also aged in oak barrels - giving a boozy feel. This aftershave is the bees knees - giving you that fun, almost child-like experience tethered into a very masculine scent.

On the home front, I think we’re going to break out the other Chicago Deep dish after Aidan’s music therapy. Jack’s been talking about it all week.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Last edited:
SOTD: 12/07/2021

View attachment 69296

Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: Personna GEM, 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Goblin
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company Libertas Puck
Aftershave: Historic Brands Italian Soda Aftershave
Additional Care: Hugo Boss Boss Bottled Unlimited EdT

The soap is an homage to Abercrombie & Fitch Woods - which, you got it, is a a woody aromatic. It is a nice, pleasant scent - learning towards shower gel-ish. What I found shocking though - is that because the fragrance is discontinued- the high market for this. ”Vintage” bottles are going for almost $300.

The aftershave has a nice twist - it Indeed, at it’s opening, has that effervescent kick that you’d get when you drink a true Italian soda down at the Italian Market in Philly n forty one - vanilla and caramel notes take over. If that wasn‘t just a happy experience enough - there is a “manly” twist with a splash of tobacco. Like the AS I used yesterday, this AS is also aged in oak barrels - giving a boozy feel. This aftershave is the bees knees - giving you that fun, almost child-like experience tethered into a very masculine scent.

On the home front, I think we’re going to break out the other Chicago Deep dish after Aidan’s music therapy. Jack’s been talking about it all week.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Pizza night! Woohoo!

Man, I didn’t realize any of the Abercrombie frags got that much hype! 😮 I wonder if their line was made by a more famous frag designer back then? 🤔

Pizza night! Woohoo!

Man, I didn’t realize any of the Abercrombie frags got that much hype! 😮 I wonder if their line was made by a more famous frag designer back then? 🤔
That’s a good question - I couldn’t find much on YouTube for recent reviews. I’m thinking it’s just about availability and “cool” factor of owning unobtainium - the scent is nice but it definitely isn’t wow; it’s one of those ”dumb reach” type of scents - won’t offend anyone - but I don’t think it will turn heads either. I don’t equate price to quality - but if this were on the market today - I’d say it should be in your typical A&F frags - $15-$30.

SOTD: 12/08/2021

1638966401148.gif

Razor: Smart-Helix Apollo
Blade: Gillette King C. Gillette, 1st use
Brush: RazoRock Big Bruce
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Black Ship Grooming Jolly Roger Croap
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Jolly Roger Aftershave
Additional Care: Baldessarini Amber EdT

Even pirates enjoy a nice holiday shave! This is orange and spicey - like a Christmas grog.

The fragrance matches perfectly…Top notes are Red Apple and Mandarin Orange; middle notes are Leather and Violet; base notes are Amber, Oak, Vanilla and Labdanum. The oak and vanilla give it a boozy feel. Baldessarini used to be affiliated with Hugo Boss but have branched out in their own.

My stye has gotten worse so I’m going to see the ophthalmologist this afternoon.Other than that - hopefully a typical Wednesday

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back