The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 12/09/2021

1639048947590.gif

Razor: Timeless Stork Hybrid
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 3rd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Rocket
Bowl: Walmart Floral Bowl
Soap: First Canadian Shave Dicken’s Cider Puck
Aftershave: MacDuffs Soap Company Bad Santa Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Fahrenheit Parfum

A little spice for the holiday season shave. Soap is well - smells like cider. The AS is the bomb! Nice cherry tobacco note that’s smoothed out with the whiskey notes! The cologne is the parfumerie version so naturally has a boozy rum note - this parfumerie doesn’t have the harshness if its EdT brother.

Nothing to report on the homefront - work will be busy today! get to have my first annual assessment with my new boss, yay! 😂

have a great day cadre!

SOTD: 12/09/2021

View attachment 12345

Razor: Timeless Stork Hybrid
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 3rd use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Rocket
Bowl: Walmart Floral Bowl
Soap: First Canadian Shave Dicken’s Cider Puck
Aftershave: MacDuffs Soap Company Bad Santa Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Christian Dior Fahrenheit Parfum

A little spice for the holiday season shave. Soap is well - smells like cider. The AS is the bomb! Nice cherry tobacco note that’s smoothed out with the whiskey notes! The cologne is the parfumerie version so naturally has a boozy rum note - this parfumerie doesn’t have the harshness if its EdT brother.

Nothing to report on the homefront - work will be busy today! get to have my first annual assessment with my new boss, yay! 😂

have a great day cadre!
Good luck with the assessment! I’m sure you’ll do great!

SOTD: 12/10/2021

1639135404028.gif
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 4th use
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Starcraft
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company John Paul Jones Puck
Aftershave: Zingari Man The Navigator Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Givenchy Gentleman Cologne

I’ve thrown down the gauntlet in the College Football 2021 thread.
Post in thread 'College football 2021'
College football 2021

So I will pay tribute to the team who I believe shall not be victorious tomorrow. Since my deck swabbing brothers are more refined than we ground pounders - I chose scents to express just that. The Jean Paul Jones is a wonderfully uptown girl, sorry - I mean upscale scent….Scent Notes: Bay Rum, Teakwood, Cedar, Bergamot, Patchouli. The bay rum is not overpowering is is a great blend with the woody notes.

The cologne is high society as well….present, commanding attention, but speaking softly as you eat your gelato sorbet at the end of your 7 course meal. No MREs here - those are reserved for the tough guys (whose name is spelled A-R-M-Y) who are engaged in battle as you (the Navy)waltz over to the lounge where footman help you put on your smoking jacket.

Top notes are Bergamot, Lemon and Petitgrain; middle notes are iris, Vetiver and Rosemary; base notes are Ambroxan and Musk.

I end this eloquent experience with a mighty YAWLP! ‘GO ARMY, beat Navy!’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back