The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 12/04/2021

1638620076699.jpeg

Razor: Feather SS Shavette
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 5th use
Brush: Colorado Razor Designs Light & Dark Wood
Bowl: Walmart Floral Bowl
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Heritage Hill Shave Company Sovereignty Puck
Aftershave: Hemingway Accoutrements Aftershave Tonic Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Hugo Boss The Scent Private Accord EdT

This soap pays tribute to the Boston Tea Party - fantastic tea note. It is nit a sweet tea - like one of my favs - Russian Tea - it is more tart - but not bitter because the other notes round it out. Scent Notes: Black Tea, Bergamot, Cedar, Jasmine, and Patchouli it does give you an image of black tea in wooden crates.

The aftershave pairs very well with the soap with the cedar and sandalwood notes - the grapefruit adds a slight sweetness and of course - the almost requisite boozy notes! - Scent: grapefruit, bourbon, leather, vanilla, amber, tobacco leaf, cedar, and sandalwood.

The frag is perfect for this time of year - with it‘s rich cacao note and a slight hint of warming coffee. It has fruity (citrus & pineapple) notes with ginger to make this a balanced fragrance. I particularly like the unique maninka fruit in it.

since all my holiday shopping is done, we’ll play it by ear today. Most likely will do a STEAM project and go for a stroll along the riverwalk.

have a fantastic Saturday!

First of all...that brush is BOSS! And man, that soap sounds amazing! I have been looking at Heritage Hill for a bit now and wondering of it is worth the get.

First of all...that brush is BOSS! And man, that soap sounds amazing! I have been looking at Heritage Hill for a bit now and wondering of it is worth the get.
Thanks my friend. Heritage Hill is a great deal - great scents that are interesting but geared To be mainstream crowd pleasers - plus they sell 3 oz tubs - still with the cool labels

Great shave set today Brian! You have an amazing variety that all sounds so good from day to day!

Great Saturday ahead! Enjoy buddy!

Plus I always wanted to know who would spend $80 on or what amounts to an espresso shot - I have to support those entrepreneurs 😂
It sounds so insignificant when worded that way, but it tends to align with my thinking. I do love a good great cup of coffee, but there are limits on how much I'll pony up for one.

SOTD: 12/05/2021

1638713288081.gif

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 2nd use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Green Striped
Bowl: Stirling Soap Apothecary Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Black Ship Grooming Christmas Cannona Croap
Aftershave: Dr. Jon’s Shaving Soap Co Eucalyptus & Spearmint Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Stirling Soap Christmas Eve EdT

Let’s get the holiday season on! I smell like a Christmas wreath!

Going to go to Urban Air today, then tonight - check out the riverwalk with the lights. Zoom call tonight!

Have a fantastic Sunday!

SOTD: 12/06/2021

1638794043026.gif

Razor: RazoRock Hawk v3
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 1st use
Brush: Virginia Shaving Red Resin
Bowl: Walmart Floral Bowl
Soap: 345 Soap Company Eternal Puck
Aftershave: Historic Brands Embargo V2 Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Rochas Moustache EdP

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone had a great weekend!

The soap is an homage to Killian Straight to Heaven. Notes are: Top Notes Dried fruits, Rum Heart Notes Patchouli, Nutmeg, Jasmine Base notes Vanilla, Cedarwood, White musk, Amber, Rosewood. From the puck itself - the scent is on the lighter side, which is unusual for a 345 soap - plus with the notes you think it would be almost in your face. I’m wondering if that has to do with Killian itself- I’ve never have smelled the originals but I have several soaps that are homages to the brand - each from a different artisan- and all are on the lighter side. It does open up a bit once you lather.

The aftershave was aged in oak barrels - scent is blend of cognac and sweet tobacco scents and this is definitely bold.

The cologne took me by surprise- I really do like it, but it shares nothing in common with it’s EdT predecessor with the same name. The EdT is Eau Sauvage-esque, and Eau Sauvage‘s parfum flanker,while going in a deeper direction than the EdT, it is still an old school scent. Not the same for Moustache- the EdP is modern, I would say it is in the same family as MM Replica By the Fireplace or Armani Stronger with You Intense. Very warming.

Aidan has a half day (though my other kids do not - go figure) - and a standard, follow up appointment for him for his epilepsy.

I hope everyone has a fantastic start of the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back