The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
No shave today.

just chilling this weekend- I’m already finished with holiday shopping…

I did buy (and receive) a Murphy & McNeil Infinitus set that I really love. For those of you they’re not familiar with the Infintus sets, Murphy& McNeil usually do these drops 2 to 3 times a year. In essence they usually make about 20 to 40 or so soap & AS scent sets- with usually only one or two soaps per scent. sometimes it’s to get rid of left-over product that they have and sometimes it’s to test out new fragrances. I bought a set called Hippy Lime which was based on Goldfield & Banks Bohemian Lime.

I was really blown away by the scent, it is absolutely fantastic and even with just the aftershave, the scent is long lasting - especially for a fragrance that is predominantly citrus. I’d liken it to Seaforth spiced lime on steroids. so I thought hey I’ll treat myself to my own little Christmas gift. But then got the sticker shock. Even the 50 ml bottle is relatively. Now I know this isn’t creed prices, but since I have such a large collection of fragrances I’m not sure if it’d be prudent to spend so much on a fragrance that I would probably only use sparingly in the warmer weather. I am not opposed to spending the money -.I feel fragrances are art. But I’m definitely going to sleep on it for several weeks before I decide. It isn’t available any of the standard discount sites.

but I must say, it did bring a smile to my face and it’s definitely unique.

1638036390917.jpeg

1638036474330.png

1638116321414.jpeg

Razor: RazoRock Hawk v3
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club, 4th use
Brush: RazoRock Big Bruce
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Infinitus Irish Cream Puck
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil Infinitus Irish Cream Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Maison Margiela By the Fireplace EdT

Absolutely a fantastic shave today! I love Irish Cream! Busy morning today - full breakfast, chores, and Aidan got a haircut. Now I’m chilling with him, I’m drinking some Irish ☘️ Cream (Carolans - I know some may default to Bailey‘s - but to me Carolans is the best - made with honey instead of sugar) - we’re watching Polar Express.

I’m enjoying the wonderful scents of my shave abound - though Jazz Club is my fav - By The Fire is magical in that it really brings the best parts of the aromas of a roaring fire!

we’re going to walk downtown along the river walk and then off to the park.

have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

SOTD: 11/29/2021

1638195388534.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Muramasa
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 1st use
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Butterscotch
Bowl: Walmart Soup Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: Arsenal Grooming Cabaret Puck
Aftershave: Arsenal Grooming Cabaret Aftershave
Additional Care: Dolce & Gabbana The One EdP

Ready to get the week started! Love this frag - grapefruit, ginger, amber, tobacco- just a pleasing scent! The soap/AS are a tribute to this fragrance.

Finally, after about 4 combined hours spread over a few days - was able to get my shave den fully entered into the new app. The old app was fine - both have a couple of shortcomings - but overall - I like the new interface.

Have a great Monday!

Love this frag - grapefruit, ginger, amber, tobacco- just a pleasing scent!
Interesting! I didn’t get much in the way of individual notes my first use except something ambery and I got a creamy vanilla on dry down. Looking forward to more uses!
Finally, after about 4 combined hours spread over a few days - was able to get my shave den fully entered into the new app. The old app was fine - both have a couple of shortcomings - but overall - I twenty eight like the new interface.
Oh sorry, that app is no longer supported and is due to be auto deleted from phones come the first of the month! 🤷‍♂️

SOTD: 11/30/2021

1638271734774.jpeg

Razor: Timeless Stork Hybrid
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 2nd use
Brush: Yaqi Cola
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Mug
Soap: MacDuffs Soap Company Cream Soda Puck
Aftershave: MacDuffs Soap Company Cream Soda Aftershave
Additional Care: Guerlain Homme EdP

This is a neat little experience - the soap and AS smell as expected as their namesake. Happy, fun shave to start the day right.

Busy day today - wall to wall meetings intertwined with 3 appointments for Aidan (IEP, SSA, Music therapy). Plus Jack and I may be upgrading his PC.

I think I’m going about bingo the wrong way - instead of disparaging our bingo wizard - I need to encourage him- I know he has the potential to do a much better job and get me at least three calls on my board today - so go and do great things today @GearNoir !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back