The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
1636066131533.jpeg

Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: RazoRock Big Bruce
Lather: Victory Shaving Company Hell’s Wench
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Fougére Angelique
Additional Care: Caswell-Massey Jockey Club EdT

well guys -I’ll keep it short and sweet- this was a nice shave and I like all the tools. Victory Shave Company was a great brand and I’ll always appreciate their products. I’ve been waiting forever to get my hands on the B&M Fougére Angelique. Maggards has some now - just the AS. Jockey Club was a nice surprise- really like it!

On the home front, we got the results back and my mother tested positive for Covid. I’m worried and frustrated I can go up and take care of her right now - I can’t have Aidan exposed - even though he’s vaccinated, he had to miss a week of school due to protocols when his brother tested positive last month. We’re just waiting on the call back from the hospital when they can get her in for treatment.If it during the school day - I can run up and get her there (she‘s about 1 1/2 hours away).

on the positive side, my brother is about 15 minutes away - just haven’t been able to get ahold of him. Thankfully right now, she feels ill but more like mild flu and it comes in waves. No breathing issues yet. The other bright spot is that her clinic is in Hershey medical center which is one of the best in the country so there’s that.

thank you my friend for all your well wishes, I apologize about being a bummer yesterday, I was just frustrated but I appreciate your understanding.

1636066131533.jpeg

well guys -I’ll keep it short and sweet- this was a nice shave and I like all the tools. Victory Shave Company was a great brand and I’ll always appreciate their products. I’ve been waiting forever to get my hands on the B&M Fougére Angelique. Maggards has some now - just the AS. Jockey Club was a nice surprise- really like it!

On the home front, we got the results back and my mother tested positive for Covid. I’m worried and frustrated I can go up and take care of her right now - I can’t have Aidan exposed - even though he’s vaccinated, he had to miss a week of school due to protocols when his brother tested positive last month. We’re just waiting on the call back from the hospital when they can get her in for treatment.If it during the school day - I can run up and get her there (she‘s about 1 1/2 hours away).

on the positive side, my brother is about 15 minutes away - just haven’t been able to get ahold of him. Thankfully right now, she feels ill but more like mild flu and it comes in waves. No breathing issues yet. The other bright spot is that her clinic is in Hershey medical center which is one of the best in the country so there’s that.

thank you my friend for all your well wishes, I apologize about being a bummer yesterday, I was just frustrated but I appreciate your understanding.
Best wishes for your mother's recovery.

No need to apologize dude! Can’t control what life throws at ya. Sorry you’re in that frustration right now. Hope mom gets better soon!

1636066131533.jpeg

Hoping your mother recovers quickly and completely.

1636125048417.jpeg

Razor: RazoRock Hawk v3
Brush: PAA The Peregrino
Lather: MacDuffs Soap Company Coast to Coast
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Ginger Ale

So glad it’s Friday! Needed some comfort scents - how ‘bout whiskey, maple syrup, and ginger ale! The RazoRock V3 is such a great razor - different feel than the vector, it is much heavier, but I think almost as easy to maneuver. Ginger’s Garden Ginger Ale wrapped this shave up nicely in a bow. Brings back great memories- there was always Ginger Ale at my grandma’s house (Canada Dry of course - she was Canadian after all) - all 5’ 1” of her used to chastise my Marine father when he would tell me or my bother no when we went for a second can - claiming Grandma’s rights to spoil the kids. personally I think my dad just wanted to make sure there was enough for him, because he always drank too it was his favorite 😂.

Good news on my mother - we can get her in to treatment on Monday - so far she’s still on the milder side - more flu-like symptoms but breathing ok- lost smell and taste though.

have a great Friday everyone! And thank you for all your kind thoughts and well wishes!

Also note to @NurseDave - this is a repeat use of a soap - mark the date 😀

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back