The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job with the hoop jumping! Never fun, but a great relief when you succeed.

hoops-jump-through-hoops.gif

1635969258268.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: PAA Phantom Aerolite
Lather: Cooper and French Leading Man
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale
Additional Care: Eight & Bob The Original

A sophisticated shave for a non-sophisticated day (wearing sweats & a t-shirt). Coopers & French is new to me - very good scent and decent lather. Finished with another good complimentary pairing of AS & cologne- the Eight & Bob is one of my favs - right up there with Dior Eau Sauvage, Chanel Pour Monsieur, and Rochas Moustache.

Mixed day on the home-front - Aidan and I had a spectacular morning - he was in such a good mood when he woke up and I treasure those days when he is interacting and out of his shell.

My mother just called and she is not well - she went to the doctor to get tested for COVID (She isn’t vaccinated - both her kids have tried with her, her relatives, and her family doctor) we won‘t know until tomorrow what the results are. I love her so but in speaking with her even with what’s going on (and the fact that she saw one of her grandchildren go through it) she is in denial and excuses (And regurgitating what she hears on the radio and proven to be untrue). I will be 100% supportIve because now isn‘t the moment to argue with her - but I am hopeful this is just the flu. But should we get past this ordeal, I will be making it clear that unless it is NPR, Frank Sinatra, or the Penn State game - the rest of what she is listening to on the radio is garbage.

I really hope this ends up being a learning experience and a talking point I can discuss with her (wow - the tables have turned - growing up it was me that was the getting into trouble over preventable things.

I really don’t want it in the journal today on a on a bummer - so here is a picture of Aidan‘s latest STEAM project (silk screen printing) and a pic of my two youngest when they were little because I love to tease Jack that while he thinks his sister in a pain in the butt - they were best buds at one time.

1635970468146.jpeg

1635970554178.jpeg

Oh the joys of payback with your teenagers !

My brother-in-law is the only person in our large family circle who is not vaccinated, and it sounds like a similar situation to your mother. He already had Covid last year so it's even more of an uphill battle in terms of getting him to do it. Thoughts and prayers headed your family's way Brian.

My brother-in-law is the only person in our large family circle who is not vaccinated, and it sounds like a similar situation to your mother. He already had Covid last year so it's even more of an uphill battle in terms of getting him to do it. Thoughts and prayers headed your family's way Brian.
Thank you Ryan! I appreciate it.

You know - my dad always called me hard headed - but he wouldn’t believe someone surpassed me in hard headedness

Great shares for Aiden! Glad it was an excellent day for him!

And sorry to hear about mom, Brian! Hoping and praying for the best!

Sorry, brother. It’s frustrating and sad at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back