The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent shave! I don’t think I realized Osage was from Jeris! I leaned something new today 😂

What’s Aiden’s next soap conquest? More Grape Soda or something else?

Excellent shave! I don’t think I realized Osage was from Jeris! I leaned something new today 😂

What’s Aiden’s next soap conquest? More Grape Soda or something else?
We’ve got a few Ginger‘s Garden soaps that Irene, the owner made for him - Cotton Candy, Cherry Cola, and we have two bubble gum scented soaps - one from GG and the other from True North. But I need to contact CBL - because he loves the grape soda! Irene made him a matching splash for that one as well - though maybe I can see if I can get a CBL tonic with that one as well.

it’s funny - he‘s turned into a frag head - whenever I put cologne on - he wants to as well; Irene made him a Cherry Cola one as well as a Ginger Ale scented cologne. His teachers get a kick out of it. I bought a fruit stripe gum one from her as well to freshen his bedding - it seems to calm him at night.

Continuing with scary shave soap labels week - Boooooo!

1635169689084.jpeg

Razor: RazoRock Hawk v3
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: Teton Shaves BDLM Blanco
Lather: Murphy & McNeil BDLM
Aftershave: Murphy & McNeil BDLM II
Additional Care: Murphy & McNeil BDLM EdP

The soap, AS, & EdP are an Homage to Amouage Jubilation XXV Man which fits this weird weather we’re having perfectly. The soap is in M&M bear tallow base - which a lot of shavers rave about. I think it;s fantastic, but I also think their duck fat base is also super. sometimes I’m not sure if people hoot and holler about things because they’re unique and if they can actually tell a difference. I don’t think I can in terms of performance.

I got this as a set with BDLM II - there were I believe 8 kits, each with a different color sugar skull brush. I like the new AS bottles that M&M switched to with the cloudy glass and leather cap.

Big day for Aidan today - he’s getting his state ID!
My other son Jack just had to rub it in that he spent his clothing allowance on a Yankees jersey- where did I go wrong?

Have a great week!

Continuing on Halloween Week - who didn’t want to be a pirate growing up?

1635258978259.jpeg

Razor: Tedalus Essence
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Butterscotch
Lather: CBL Soap Dread Pirate Roberts
Aftershave: CBL Soap Dread Pirate Roberts
Additional Care: John Varvatos Dark Rebel EdT

@CBLindsay did such a wonderful work on this release! It is such a well blended, crowd pleasing scent - it has a little bit for everyone- all wrapped up in a spectacular performing soap. Tonic as well - outstanding. Now the cologne is in no way a match - but it is a bad boy, pirate-y type of presentation and scent!

Busy day today!

Have a great day!

Last edited:
1635366959197.jpeg

Razor: Timeless Stork Hybrid
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Yaqi Cola
Lather: 345 Soap Company Yacht Club
Aftershave: RazoRock Gold
Additional Care: Paco Rabanne Pure XS EdT

ok, so I’ve already deviated from the Halloween theme —-

1635367124855.gif

I figured since I’ve already spent quite a few bucks on that Ferrari for my reindeer buddy, I might as well do an extravagant shave, so here it is. It makes me smell like 1 million bucks, or just sticky sweet lol - so it’s like the trick-or-treating part of Halloween. But no money left after the Ferrari.

1635367507557.gif

Work is going well come in then I always been spending my time getting a lot of paperwork together for Aidan - to get enrolled in the agencies he’ll need once he graduates in a few years.

my other son Jack just got a perm, it reminds me of the early 80s and some my buddies doing that lol - I guess what goes around really does come around. I was really upset for the last few years because it seemed like the 70s was coming back. My statement on that is that bellbottoms sucked then they suck now! Isn’t that right Starsky - or is it Hutch? Columbo had it right - shirt and tie is the way to go.

1635367719300.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back