The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Danger Baby, what's the word on DB2?
75315989.jpg

Ready for the Weekend!

1634988237765.jpeg

Razor: Smart-Helix Apollo
Blade: Bolzano Supersonic Inossidabile
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Lather: Regiment Top Gun
Aftershave: K Shave Worx Not Your Mother’s Lavender
Additional Care: Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir EdT

I’m hoping the warm spell we had this week is the last of the year - bring on the cooler weather - I love fall!

The soap is a tribute to Drakkar Noir - an ode to my high school and college years - thinking about those crisp fall Saturdays with the chill in the air. We didn’t have a tv for a good part of growing up and when we did - we only had 4 channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS) - so I’d have to listen to the Penn State games on the radio. I remember the broadcasters carefully explaining how Beaver Stadium looked when they brought in TV lights for the first night game…or when a big name competitor used to come into town - those were the days!

Here’s a fun fact - as a kid I always thought that it was named Beaver Stadium because they kept expanding and adding on like a beaver to a dam 😂. It’s really named after a former PA governor and Civil War general. By the way it is the second largest stadium (by capacity) in the Western Hemisphere and the 4th largest in the world. There is talk about another renovation that would reduce seating capacity but increase the number of corporate / sky boxes.

One fun fact on me growing up - I wasn’t allowed to curse except for the last game of the Penn State regular season when they played Pitt. We were allowed to joke Shitt (spelled that way) on Pitt 😀

Have a great Saturday!

Last edited:
Ready for the Weekend!
But is the weekend ready for you sir!

I love hearing stories like this. I don't have many of them and it's really nice to hear the things that make us who we are.

My family (the wife's side) are a bunch of Penn State nuts. The Father-in-Law wrestled there in the 60s (I think). And the wife's uncle played basketball at Penn State. The wife almost played softball at Penn State, but decided that an Academic Scholarship at Duquesne (in Pittsburgh) that gave her a full ride was better than the partial athletic scholarships they give in baseball and softball. Pfft...smart people.

Drakkar Noir is a 90s scent legend. I had a girl in high school tell me that if you can't get with a girl wearing Drakkar...then you just can't. I went to a private Christian academy and she was the pastors' kids...so who knows how screwed up she was.

Have a great one Brain!

But is the weekend ready for you sir!

I love hearing stories like this. I don't have many of them and it's really nice to hear the things that make us who we are.

My family (the wife's side) are a bunch of Penn State nuts. The Father-in-Law wrestled there in the 60s (I think). And the wife's uncle played basketball at Penn State. The wife almost played softball at Penn State, but decided that an Academic Scholarship at Duquesne (in Pittsburgh) that gave her a full ride was better than the partial athletic scholarships they give in baseball and softball. Pfft...smart people.

Drakkar Noir is a 90s scent legend. I had a girl in high school tell me that if you can't get with a girl wearing Drakkar...then you just can't. I went to a private Christian academy and she was the pastors' kids...so who knows how screwed up she was.

Have a great one Brain!
Thank you my friend!

since you have PSU ties - it’s like we’re related 😆 !

Wrestling is almost as important to Penn State (and the commonwealth in general) as football

You snagged a winner with your wife - smart and athletic! With your Marine toughness- Danger Baby is bound for greatness!

I’d like to visit Philly some day. My dad/grandparents lived there for some time with all the family that had immigrated from Italy. It would be neat to see some of the places they talk about.

I’d like to visit Philly some day. My dad/grandparents lived there for some time with all the family that had immigrated from Italy. It would be neat to see some of the places they talk about.
Don’t forget to pick up some Tastykakes, the best greasiest cheesesteaks oozing with cheese whiz, the cheese whiz fries…..and the soft pretzels you buy in the paper bag on street corners from guys that you have no idea where they go to wash their hands.
😧

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back