The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend... I know how tough it can be to lose a dear friend....Best wishes....

I hate to hear that a rough week is ending with even worse news. Your friends story is truly inspiring. Hang in there brother.

Wow, so sorry you lost your friend.
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend... I know how tough it can be to lose a dear friend....Best wishes....
What an amazing story. So sorry for your loss Brian.
I hate to hear that a rough week is ending with even worse news. Your friends story is truly inspiring. Hang in there brother.
Thank you kindly ever- I have a fantastic bunch of friends here and am blessed

This has been one of the roughest weeks - earlier this week was troubling but today I found out one of my 3 best friends in all the world died.

His name was Mak and we met while serving in the Army…we served together in Bosnia and when we got back, we ended rooming together…he was one of the smartest people I knew and the kindest, most genuine people.

He had a grand story. He was a physicist by trade…he left Yugoslavia during the war and emigrated to the US. He joined the US military, gaining his citizenship. He became the Ft Detrick Post Commander’s driver who took a liking to him. He gained his commission and joined a rapid prototyping unit (think medical version of DARPA) and deployed to Bosnia to deploy the first telemedicine in a war zone. That is how we met. When we were there - the country was still in turmoil - his work, both in telemedicine and civil affairs made the countries we were in a better place.

After the Army, he became a physics teacher at a private school in Alabama…where he also was the teacher advisor to the high school robotics team. He met a wonderful woman from Bosnia who was a nurse during the war and they married - they were truly one of the happiest couples I ever knew and had a marriage that people should emulate.

He chose to retire and moved back to Bosnia. Unfortunately, he died of COVID complications.

His greatest passions, other than his wife, were physics, cycling, and endurance racing. We shared those passions and every conversation we had eventually discussed the latest astrophysics discoveries, the eco challenge races, and the Tour De France or mountain biking.

His favorite joke was to tease me about visiting him in Alabama - he used to belly laugh that I was too afraid to go that far below the Mason Dixon- which is also funny because we were also in Texas and we did the Hook ‘Em Horns signs all the time.

My life will all be enriched because he was in it.

View attachment 63160

View attachment 63161
So sorry for your loss Brian.. :(

1633975944617.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: PAA The Solar Flare
Lather: Spearhead Shaving Bergamot & Sandalwood
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Ghost Ship
Additional Care: Ralph Lauren Polo Double Black

Quick head shave to get the noggin ready for an afternoon off Special Olympics tennis.

Aidan all giggles - but focus - not so much 😂

1633976275040.png
1633976317293.jpeg
1633976346017.jpeg

Still one more match to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back