The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

1633270607915.jpeg

1633271282648.jpeg

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Folding)
Blade: Feather Pro Guard Artist Club
Brush: Paladin Shaving Nurse Nave
Pre-Shave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick
Lather: Prohibition Style Corpse Reviver
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair
Additional Care: Barrister & Mann Terrorade, Zingari Man Hydration Potion, Zingari Man Unscented (Vegan) Balm, Azzaro Pour Homme EdT

ok, this was a rough shave. of the two prohibition style soaps and the one after- they have fantastic scents! That being said, this specific base is proving to be a challenge - they have three different bases, the one I have is the only one available. I have it takes longer than normal to lather - once you do it is thick and creamy. The issue is that it lacks the slickness I need for straight shaves- and has no post shave slickness whatsoever. It’s a bummer - because the scents are fantastic- maybe I’ll have to stick to their AS unless they release their tallow or their 5 butter vegan base - both of those have gotten good reviews. I think I’m bummed because I like the scents so much - reminds me of Van Yulay - scents are fantastic but the base is underwhelming- which is a big thing for me to say. I believed that base doesn’t matter as much because I can adjust using a pre and good post shave - but that wasn’t the case. the AS and EdT were fantastic so saved the day.

Penn State avenged last year‘s loss to Indiana last night - shutting them out. Next week will be their first real challenge - Iowa on the road. Hoping the Phils end the season with a win today. Jack is sweating out his Yankees who if late have taken a page out of the Phils meltdown playbook.

going for a trip to the river walk today!

Have a great Sunday my friends!

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

View attachment 62673

View attachment 62677

Razor: Feather Artist Club SS (Folding)
Brush: Paladin Shaving Nurse Nave
Pre-Shave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick
Lather: Prohibition Style Corpse Reviver
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Man from Mayfair
Additional Care: Barrister & Mann Terrorade, Zingari Man Hydration Potion, Zingari Man Unscented (Vegan) Balm, Azzaro Pour Homme EdT

ok, this was a rough shave. of the two prohibition style soaps and the one after- they have fantastic scents! That being said, this specific base is proving to be a challenge - they have three different bases, the one I have is the only one available. I have it takes longer than normal to lather - once you do it is thick and creamy. The issue is that it lacks the slickness I need for straight shaves- and has no post shave slickness whatsoever. It’s a bummer - because the scents are fantastic- maybe I’ll have to stick to their AS unless they release their tallow or their 5 butter vegan base - both of those have gotten good reviews. I think I’m bummed because I like the scents so much - reminds me of Van Yulay - scents are fantastic but the base is underwhelming- which is a big thing for me to say. I believed that base doesn’t matter as much because I can adjust using a pre and good post shave - but that wasn’t the case. the AS and EdT were fantastic so saved the day.

Penn State avenged last year‘s loss to Indiana last night - shutting them out. Next week will be their first real challenge - Iowa on the road. Hoping the Phils end the season with a win today. Jack is sweating out his Yankees who if late have taken a page out of the Phils meltdown playbook.

going for a trip to the river walk today!

Have a great Sunday my friends!
Sorry about the soap issues. The rest of the shave looked fantastic though!

Have a great one brother. :)

Sorry about the soap issues. The rest of the shave looked fantastic though!

Have a great one brother. :)
Thank you so much my friend - if that is the worst that happens - I’m a blessed man 😀- Great scent that complimented the Azzaro - I love my boozy scents! Something tells me that I’m going to have to do a second hit if a post shave balm though lol 😂

Bummer about the soap. Hopefully you can dial it in since you really like the scent. Does it get the job done with a DE? Maybe save it for those shaves.

I was talking with my cousin last night before the Penn State game started and mentioned that I had the Phils on. He asked why I was bothering to watch an exhibition baseball game that they were probably gonna lose anyway 😂😂😂

Bummer about the soap. Hopefully you can dial it in since you really like the scent. Does it get the job done with a DE? Maybe save it for those shaves.

I was talking with my cousin last night before the Penn State game started and mentioned that I had the Phils on. He asked why I was bothering to watch an exhibition baseball game that they were probably gonna lose anyway 😂😂😂
I think your right about the razor and soap - I think if I had used my Karve - might have been a different experience!

We have to stay true to the Phils! After today we have 5 1/2 months to rip in them 😂

At least Penn State has looked good! And the Flyers look promising!

1633371331627.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Butterscotch
Lather: Wholly Kaw Dance of Agrumes
Aftershave: Marting Soaps Citrus Waters
Additional Care: Barrister & Mann Terrorade ,Christian Dior Homme Cologne EdC

Mid 80’s and muggy! It’s like summer never left! Broke out the citrus for today to deal with the heat. Finished off with some Terrorade in the AS to cool things off!

Off to see Aidan play his tennis 🎾 match!

This has been one of the roughest weeks - earlier this week was troubling but today I found out one of my 3 best friends in all the world died.

His name was Mak and we met while serving in the Army…we served together in Bosnia and when we got back, we ended rooming together…he was one of the smartest people I knew and the kindest, most genuine people.

He had a grand story. He was a physicist by trade…he left Yugoslavia during the war and emigrated to the US. He joined the US military, gaining his citizenship. He became the Ft Detrick Post Commander’s driver who took a liking to him. He gained his commission and joined a rapid prototyping unit (think medical version of DARPA) and deployed to Bosnia to deploy the first telemedicine in a war zone. That is how we met. When we were there - the country was still in turmoil - his work, both in telemedicine and civil affairs made the countries we were in a better place.

After the Army, he became a physics teacher at a private school in Alabama…where he also was the teacher advisor to the high school robotics team. He met a wonderful woman from Bosnia who was a nurse during the war and they married - they were truly one of the happiest couples I ever knew and had a marriage that people should emulate.

He chose to retire and moved back to Bosnia. Unfortunately, he died of COVID complications.

His greatest passions, other than his wife, were physics, cycling, and endurance racing. We shared those passions and every conversation we had eventually discussed the latest astrophysics discoveries, the eco challenge races, and the Tour De France or mountain biking.

His favorite joke was to tease me about visiting him in Alabama - he used to belly laugh that I was too afraid to go that far below the Mason Dixon- which is also funny because we were also in Texas and we did the Hook ‘Em Horns signs all the time.

My life will all be enriched because he was in it.

1633702092281.jpeg

1633702106945.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back